The best recipe for buffalo chicken dip without cream cheese. The dip combines sour cream, buffalo sauce, Ranch dressing, and cheddar cheese.
Buffalo chicken dip is a delicious and popular dip. It is made with chicken, buffalo sauce, Ranch dressing, cheese, and typically cream cheese. However, cream cheese has a very strong flavor. And it may not be for everyone. This recipe is for buffalo chicken dip without cream cheese.
This dip has the same spicy kick from the buffalo sauce. And a lot of cheese. But the texture is creamier and smoother. And it doesn’t have the strong sour bite that cream cheese usually has.
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Dip Without Cream Cheese
- Shredded or canned chicken
- Sour cream
- Frank’s Red Hot Original Buffalo Sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onion or chives
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip Without Cream Cheese
Make this delicious buffalo chicken dip without cream cheese in less than 30 minutes. Start with several cups of finely shredded chicken. Add the chicken to a baking dish.
Choosing the Chicken
This dip calls for 2 cups of finely shredded chicken. But the type of chicken you use doesn’t matter. There are several options for the chicken you use.
- Boil the chicken and shred it yourself. This option is the freshest, but it requires the most additional work. Use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) to speed up the process and more finely shred the chicken.
- Use canned chicken. This option is not fresh, but it saves a lot of time.
- Buy a rotisserie chicken and peel off the meat. This option is a compromise between the other two. The chicken is somewhat fresh, but it still takes a bit of time to shred. The mixer trick also helps speed the process along!
Want your buffalo chicken dip to be bite-size? Try these Buffalo Chicken Bites!
Next, add the sour cream, Frank’s Red Hot Original Buffalo Sauce, and Ranch dressing to the baking dish. Stir to thoroughly combine the sauces and the chicken.
Then, add shredded cheddar cheese. Stir to thoroughly mix the cheese in with the sauces and chicken.
Bake the dip for 20 minutes in a 350-degree oven. Then top it with a bit more cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes. This just adds a delicious, crisp cheesy layer to the top of the dip.
Sprinkle a bit of diced green onion, chives, or cilantro over the dip. This adds an extra little bite of flavor to the dip.
Serve with this buffalo dip with tortilla chips or celery sticks. I prefer celery sticks because I love eating celery with wings.
Pro Tip: Peel Your Celery
A bonus tip that I learned from my husband is to peel the celery! It eliminates all of the strings, which makes them easier to eat. Use a vegetable peeler and slowly run it along the backside of the celery stalks. The stringy backing peels right off! Trust me. You will never eat non-peeled celery again.
Get the recipe for the original version of Buffalo Chicken Dip!
What Kitchen Tools Do I Need to Make This Buffalo Dip?
- Glass baking dish
- Rubber spatula
- Fun serving dish or snack board
Shop This Post
These are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from affiliate links that go towards supporting this blog. Thank you!
How to Store This Buffalo Chicken Dip
Store this buffalo chicken dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. To reheat, bake for 15 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees. Or microwave it. Be sure to stir the dip every minute or two to ensure it reheats evenly. Do not store any reheated dip!
More Delicious Dip Recipes
Buffalo Chicken Dip Without Cream Cheese
- baking dish
- silicone spatula
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Original Buffalo Sauce
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped green onions garnish
- Prepare shredded chicken. *See suggestions on preparing the chicken in the post above.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 2 cups of shredded chicken with Frank's RedHot Original Buffalo Sauce, Ranch dressing, and sour cream. Stir to evenly coat chicken and combine sauces.
- Stir in 6 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese. Combine thoroughly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with green onions for garnish. Serve hot.
I’ve never made buffalo chicken dip without cream cheese before. I’d definitely give this a try! And I honestly didn’t realize you could peel celery, haha, I will have to do that next time!
Hope you’re having a great week so far!
Make Life Marvelous