This simple recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip is made with chicken, cream cheese, Ranch dressing, Colby Jack cheese, and Frank’s Red Hot Original sauce. It’s like having a plate of Buffalo wings, but with less work!
Do you love buffalo wings, but don’t love the mess that comes with eating them? This delicious buffalo chicken dip is the solution to that problem! It has all of the flavors of a plate of wings, without messy fingers, leftover bones, or dirty plates.
What is Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Buffalo chicken dip is a creamy spicy appetizer made with Frank’s Red Hot Original Buffalo Sauce. It combines cream cheese, Ranch dressing, chicken, and cheese with buffalo sauce. The result is an amazing dip that’s always a crowd-pleaser.
What You Need to Make This Dip
- Shredded or canned chicken
- Cream cheese
- Frank’s Red Hot Original Buffalo Sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Oven
Make this delicious buffalo chicken dip in a Pyrex baking dish. It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Preheat the baking dish and cream cheese as well. Warm cream cheese is easier to stir and spread. Once the oven and baking dish is heated, add the chicken.
Choosing the Chicken
This dip calls for 12 – 16 ounces of chicken. But the type of chicken you use doesn’t matter. There are several options for the chicken you use.
- Boil the chicken and shred it yourself. This option is the freshest, but it requires the most additional work
- Use canned chicken. This option is not fresh, but it saves a lot of time.
- Buy a rotisserie chicken and peel off the meat. This option is a compromise between the other two. The chicken is somewhat fresh, but it still takes a bit of time to shred.
Add the chicken to the melted cream cheese. Use a silicone spatula to stir so the cream cheese and chicken until they are thoroughly mixed.
Pour in Ranch dressing, Frank’s RedHot Original, and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until it is mixed thoroughly. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Top with more shredded cheese and bake for another 5 minutes. This melts the cheese on top.
Serve with tortilla chips or celery sticks. I prefer celery sticks because I love eating celery with wings.
Want your buffalo chicken dip to be bite-size? Try these Buffalo Chicken Bites!
Pro Tip: Peel Your Celery
A bonus tip that I learned from my husband is to peel the celery! It eliminates all of the strings, which makes them easier to eat. Use a vegetable peeler and slowly run it along the backside of the celery stalks. The stringy backing peels right off! Trust me. You will never eat non-peeled celery again.
What Kitchen Tools Do I Need to Make This Dip?
- Glass baking dish
- Rubber spatula
- Fun serving dish or snack board
Shop This Post
These are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from affiliate links that go towards supporting this blog. Thank you!
How to Store Buffalo Chicken BitesDip
Store this buffalo chicken dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. To reheat, bake them for 20 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees. Or microwave it. Be sure to stir the dip every minute or two to ensure it reheats evenly. Do not store any reheated dip!
More Delicious Dip Recipes
This dip is always a huge crowd-pleaser and I make it a lot for parties or game days. It’s not overly spicy thanks to the ranch and all the cheese, so even people that don’t like spicy foods should enjoy it.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz Colby Jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot Original hot sauce
- Boil and shred chicken breasts (canned chicken may also be used)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Once oven is preheated, melt 8 oz of cream cheese in glass baking dish in the oven for 5-10 minutes
- Add 1 lb shredded chicken to melted cream cheese and coat evenly
- Add 8 oz shredded Colby Jack cheese, 1/2 cup Ranch dressing and 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot Original hot sauce to pan and mix thoroughly.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Sprinkle remaining 8 oz Colby Jack cheese on top bake for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with chips or celery sticks and enjoy!
This recipe made my mouth water. I immediately went out and bought the ingredients to make it myself.