This simple recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip is made with chicken, cream cheese, Ranch dressing, Colby Jack cheese and Frank’s Red Hot Original sauce. It’s like having a plate of Buffalo wings, but with less work!
*This post contains affiliate links!*
This recipe is super simple and super yummy! I love making it for Sunday football games or parties. Buffalo Chicken Dip is a mixture of cream cheese, chicken, ranch dressing, Colby Jack cheese, and Frank’s RedHot Original sauce.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Choosing the Chicken
Start by preparing about 1 pound of chicken. Use either one 12 oz can of chicken or .5-1 pound of cooked chicken. In my opinion, boiling and shredding fresh chicken tastes WAY better. However, canned chicken saves a lot of preparation time. Leftover rotisserie chicken is a great compromise between those two options. It all depends on what you prefer and how much time you have!
Making the Dip
Once the chicken is prepared, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add 8 oz of cream cheese to a glass baking pan. I prefer to use a Pyrex baking dish. Place the cream cheese in the oven to melt for about 5-10 minutes. This makes the dip easier to stir and mix. Once the cream cream cheese is melted, add the chicken to the melted cream cheese and coat evenly. Use a silicone spatula to stir so the cream cheese and chicken won’t stick to the spoon as much.
Pour in 1/2 cup of Ranch dressing, 1/2 cup of Frank’s RedHot Original and 8 oz of Colby Jack cheese and stir until it is mixed thoroughly. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Then, top with the other 8oz of shredded Colby Jack cheese and bake for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Let it cool for a bit and enjoy with chips or celery sticks. I prefer celery sticks. It’s like eating chicken wings, but in dip form!
Peel the Celery!
A bonus tip that I learned from my husband is to peel the celery! It eliminates all of the strings, which makes them easier to eat. Use a vegetable peeler and slowly run it along the backside of the celery stalks. The stringy backing peels right off! Trust me. You will never eat non-peeled celery again.
This dip is always a huge crowd-pleaser and I make it a lot for parties or game days. It’s not overly spicy thanks to the ranch and all the cheese, so even people that don’t like spicy foods should enjoy it.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz Colby Jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Original hot sauce
- Boil and shred chicken breasts (canned chicken may also be used)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Once oven is preheated, melt 8 oz of cream cheese in glass baking dish in the oven for 5-10 minutes
- Add 1 lb shredded chicken to melted cream cheese and coat evenly
- Add 8 oz shredded Colby Jack cheese, 1/2 cup Ranch dressing and 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Original hot sauce to pan and mix thoroughly.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Sprinkle remaining 8 oz Colby Jack cheese on top bake for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with chips or celery sticks and enjoy!