The best Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe made with chicken, cream cheese, Ranch dressing, cheese, and Frank’s Red Hot Original sauce.
Do you love buffalo wings, but don’t love the mess that comes with eating them? This delicious buffalo chicken dip is the solution to that problem! It has all of the flavors of a plate of wings in dip form! No messy fingers, leftover bones, or dirty plates!
This dip is a delicious appetizer and is always a huge crowd-pleaser. I make it a lot for parties or game days. It’s not overly spicy thanks to the ranch and all the cheese, so even people that don’t like spicy foods should enjoy it.
What is Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Buffalo chicken dip is a creamy and spicy appetizer made with Frank’s Red Hot Original Buffalo Sauce. It combines simple ingredients like cream cheese, Ranch dressing, chicken, and cheese with buffalo sauce. The result is an amazing dip that’s always a crowd-pleaser.
Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce is the best sauce for this dip. It stands out against the cream cheese and shredded cheese. But it mingles well with the Ranch dressing. The result is a flavorful dip that’s absolutely delicious.
What You Need to Make This Dip
- Shredded Chicken – Use chicken of any variety for this dip. It’s a great way to use leftover chicken breasts! Or simply purchase a can of chicken.
- Cream Cheese – This is a creamy dip. The cream cheese is what gives the buffalo dip its creamy consistency. And it adds a tangy flavor.
- Frank’s Red Hot Original Buffalo Sauce – Frank’s Red Hot Original is the best hot sauce for this dip.
- Ranch Dressing – Ranch dressing is a tangy dressing made with dill, garlic, and other spices.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – The shredded cheese also adds a level of creaminess and sharp flavor. You could use a white or yellow cheddar cheese.
Don’t care for cream cheese? Check out this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip without cream cheese!
How to Make Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Oven
Make this delicious buffalo chicken dip in an oven-safe dish. It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. It is an easy recipe with simple ingredients, but it’s the perfect appetizer.
Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Preheat the baking dish and cream cheese as well. Warm cream cheese is easier to stir and spread.
Step 2 – Once the oven and baking dish is heated, add the chicken. Use a silicone spatula to stir the cream cheese and chicken until they are thoroughly mixed.
Choosing the Chicken
This dip calls for 12 – 16 ounces of chicken. But the type of chicken you use doesn’t matter. There are several options for the chicken you use.
- Boil the chicken and shred it yourself. This option is the freshest, but it requires the most additional work
- Use canned chicken. This option is not fresh, but it saves a lot of time.
- Buy a rotisserie chicken and peel off the meat. This option is a compromise between the other two. The chicken is somewhat fresh, but it still takes a bit of time to shred.
Step 3 – Pour in Ranch dressing, Frank’s RedHot Original, and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until it is mixed thoroughly.
Step 4 – Bake the buffalo dip at 350 for 20 minutes.
Step 5 – Top with more shredded cheese and bake for another 5 minutes. This melts the cheese on top.
Serve this cheesy dip with tortilla chips, carrot sticks, or celery sticks. I prefer celery sticks because I love eating celery with wings.
Pro Tip: Peel Your Celery
A bonus tip that I learned from my husband is to peel the celery! It eliminates all of the strings, which makes them easier to eat. Use a vegetable peeler and slowly run it along the backside of the celery stalks. The stringy backing peels right off! Trust me. You will never eat non-peeled celery again.
Want your buffalo chicken dip to be bite-size? Try these Buffalo Chicken Bites!
What Kitchen Tools Do I Need to Make This Dip?
- Glass baking dish
- Rubber spatula
- Fun serving dish or snack board
Shop This Post
These are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from affiliate links that go towards supporting this blog. Thank you!
How to Store Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Store this buffalo chicken dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. To reheat, bake the dip for 20-25 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees. Be sure to stir the dip every 10 minutes to ensure it reheats evenly. Do not store any reheated dip!
Can I Freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Yes! Freezing the buffalo dip is a great way to enjoy it more often. Once the dip reaches room temperature, transfer it to a plastic container. Store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw it completely in the refrigerator before reheating it in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Stir the dip every 10 minutes to ensure it reheats evenly.
Enjoy this delicious buffalo dip recipe! It’s perfect for your next party or as a game day dip!
More Delicious Dip Recipes
This dip is always a huge crowd-pleaser and I make it a lot for parties or game days. It’s not overly spicy thanks to the ranch and all the cheese, so even people that don’t like spicy foods should enjoy it.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz Colby Jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot Original hot sauce
- Boil and shred chicken breasts (canned chicken may also be used)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Once oven is preheated, melt 8 oz of cream cheese in glass baking dish in the oven for 5-10 minutes
- Add 1 lb shredded chicken to melted cream cheese and coat evenly
- Add 8 oz shredded Colby Jack cheese, 1/2 cup Ranch dressing and 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot Original hot sauce to pan and mix thoroughly.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Sprinkle remaining 8 oz Colby Jack cheese on top bake for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with chips or celery sticks and enjoy!