Strawberry Peach Sangria is a refreshing white wine sangria made with fresh strawberries, peaches, Peach Schnapps, and white wine.
Sangria is the perfect cocktail for warm weather. And it’s one of the easiest and most rewarding cocktails. Make this delicious sangria with strawberries, peaches, white wine, and Peach Schnapps. All you need is a large pitcher to mix everything together.
What is Sangria?
Sangria originated in Spain and dates all the way back to the 1800s. It is a cocktail that combines wine, liquor, fresh fruit, and spices. Sangria is made with either white or red wine. The type of wine used in the sangria recipes dictates the flavor profile.
Red wine pairs well with dark berries and liquors. It also compliments holiday spices, like cinnamon or cloves. White wine has a lighter flavor and pairs well with citrus.
This Strawberry Peach Sangria combines white wine with peaches and strawberries to create a refreshing summer sangria. This sangria recipe also uses Peach Schnapps and simple syrup for additional flavor and sweetness.
Looking for another summer cocktail? Try a frozen Aperol Spritz!
Ingredients for Strawberry Peach Sangria
- Peaches – Use fresh juicy peaches chopped cubes or sliced. Or use frozen peaches to make the recipe easier.
- Strawberries – Slice fresh strawberries or use frozen strawberries.
- White Wine – Mildly sweet white wines like Pinot Grigio, or white blends, are best for this fruity white sangria. It complements the flavor of the fruit but isn’t overly sweet.
- Peach Schnapps – Schnapps is a clear distilled flavored liquor. It adds a lot of flavor to cocktails.
- Strawberry Syrup – Use strawberry syrup for additional fruit flavor.
Making Strawberry Peach Sangria
Start by chilling a bottle of white wine. The colder, the better. White blends, Sauvignon Blancs, and Pino Grigio work best with this sangria recipe. Moscato or Reisling would also work, but they wouldn’t require as much additional sweetener because they are sweeter wines.
Use Fresh or Frozen Fruit
While the wine is chilling, chop the strawberries and peaches. This recipe works with fresh or frozen fruit! If you use frozen fruit, be sure to let it thaw in the refrigerator for several hours. Thawed fruit is easier to cut into small pieces for the sangria.
Add the chopped fruit to the bottom of a large glass pitcher or carafe. Pour in the chilled white wine, Peach Schnapps, and strawberry syrup. Give it a good stir!
Homemade Strawberry Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is one of the best ingredients for adding sweetness to a sangria. If you can stir, then you can make strawberry simple syrup!
- Add 1 cup of water, 1 cup of strawberries, and 1 cup of sugar to a small saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan on medium-low heat. It does not need to boil!
- Continuously stir the water-sugar mixture until all of the sugar dissolves and the strawberries turn mushy.
- Pour into a glass jar.
- Allow the syrup to cool in the refrigerator. It should last up to 6 months in the refrigerator!
The Longer Sangria Chills, The Better!
Allow the Strawberry Peach Sangria to chill in the refrigerator for several hours, or even overnight. The longer the sangria chills, the longer the flavors have a chance to meld together. If you drank it right away, it would not taste as fruity and delicious.
Serve the sangria in wine glasses and garnish with fresh strawberry and peach slices. Be sure that each glass of sangria contains plenty of strawberries and peaches. That’s the best part!
If you prefer sangria ice cold, add ice to the glasses. I do not recommend adding ice to the pitcher of sangria itself. This may result in a watered-down flavor as the ice melts over time.
Enjoy a cold glass of Strawberry Peach sangria as you soak up the last few days of summer. It’s light and fruity, making it the perfect pairing for fresh dips and summer salads. Cheers!
More Delicious Wine Cocktail Recipes
Strawberry Peach Sangria
- 1.5 liters white wine
- 3 oz peach Schnapps
- 3 tbsp simple syrup
- 2 cups peaches chopped
- 2 cups strawberries chopped
- Chill a bottle of white wine
- Chop the strawberries and peaches
- Pour in the chilled white wine, Peach Schnapps, and simple syrup
- Stir and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours