Looking for the perfect pink cocktail? Try this refreshing rose spritzer! It’s made with rose wine, gin, strawberry syrup, and soda.
Spritzers are delicious and refreshing cocktails. They are perfect for casual parties or enjoying outside in the summer. Spritzers are fun to customize with various types of wine, liquors, and flavors.
This rose spritzer cocktail is made with rose wine. It’s pink, which makes it a fun drink option for bridal showers, birthdays, girls’ nights, or Valentine’s Day.
What is a Rose Spritzer?
A spritzer is a cocktail that traditionally combines wine or liquor with carbonated water. Spritzers are served in a tall glass over ice. They are generally considered light and refreshing. Flavored syrups or flavored sparkling water is sometimes used to enhance the flavor of the cocktail.
This spritzer cocktail is made with rose wine, gin, strawberry simple syrup, and seltzer. The sweetness of the strawberry syrup complements the mildly bitter taste of the gin. To avoid the cocktail being too sweet, use a dry rose instead of a sweeter rose.
How to Choose a Dry Rose
Rose wines come in a variety of flavors and levels of sweetness. Sometimes it may be difficult to determine whether a rose is sweet or dry. Especially when trying something new. Always check the bottle for a description of the flavors. Look for the words dry or crisp on the label. This rose sweetness chart is also helpful when looking for a specific flavor of rose.
Personally, Dark Horse is my rose of choice for cocktails. It is dry and crisp, with a bit of tartness as well. It’s perfect for mixing in cocktails, like frose.
Ingredients for a Rose Spritzer
- Rose wine
- Strawberry Syrup
- Pink sprinkle-rimmed cocktail or wine glass
Homemade Strawberry Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is one of the best ingredients for adding sweetness to a cocktail. Flavored syrups add both sweetness and additional flavor. This strawberry simple syrup adds a fruity flavor to this spritzer.
- Add 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 cup of frozen strawberries to a small saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan on medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes. The liquid should be red and the strawberries soft like a compote.
- Strain the syrup into a jar using a mesh strainer.
- Allow the syrup to cool in the refrigerator. Cool it completely before adding it to cocktails. This strawberry simple syrup lasts about 2 weeks in the refrigerator!
How to Add A Pink Sprinkle Rim
Sugaring the rim of a cocktail glass enhances the flavor of the cocktail. Plus, it adds a special visual touch to the drink as well. For this pink cocktail, I added a pink sprinkle rim.
What You Need
- 2 shallow dishes larger than the rim of your glass
- Strawberry syrup
- Pink sprinkles
Fill one shallow dish with pink sprinkles, about 1/2 a centimeter deep. Fill the other with strawberry simple syrup. Just enough to cover the bottom of the dish.
Dip the cocktail glass upside down into the syrup. The syrup gives the sprinkles something to stick to. Then place the glass upside down into the dish with the sprinkles.
The result is a lovely pink sprinkle rim. It’s the perfect garnish for a pretty pink cocktail!
This Spritzer Pairs Well With:
How to Make a Rose Spritzer
This rose spritzer is a simple cocktail. Start by adding the sprinkle rim to a cocktail or wine glass. Then fill the glass halfway with ice. Add 2 oz of gin to the glass. Then add 4 oz of rose wine. Add an ounce of strawberry simple syrup. Top off the cocktail with sparkling water or seltzer. Use a straw to stir and combine the cocktail.
Be sure to sugar the rims of the glass before adding the cocktail. Add a strawberry to the glass or a few strawberry slices for garnish if you want. But the cocktail looks beautiful with just a pink sugar rim!
Can I Make this Spritzer in Advance?
A portion of this rose spritzer may be made in advance. Combine rose, gin, and strawberry simple syrup. Keep the mixture chilled until ready to serve. Then add ice and seltzer to finish off the cocktail. If you add the seltzer too early, it will go flat. Or the ice will melt. Both instances change the flavor of the cocktail.
Make This Cocktail in Bulk
Want to make rose spritzers for a group? Make the base of this spritzer, rose wine, gin, and strawberry simple syrup in bulk. Multiply the ingredients by the number of cocktails you need to make. Then combine them in a pitcher. Pour the base in glasses over ice until about half-full, then top with seltzer.
More Wine Cocktail Ideas
- 2 oz gin
- 4 oz rose wine
- 1 oz strawberry simple syrup
- pink sprinkles
- Add ice to a wine or cocktail glass with a pink sprinkle rim.
- Pour 2 oz gin, 4 oz of rose wine, and 1 oz of strawberry simple syrup over the ice.
- Top glass off with seltzer.
- Stir with a straw to combine.
Add a Pink Sprinkle Rim
- Fill a shallow dish with pink sprinkles, about 1/2 a centimeter deep.
- Fill the other with strawberry simple syrup. Just enough to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Dip the cocktail glass upside down into the syrup. Then place the glass into the sprinkles.