This delicious recipe for red white and blue cheesecake salad is festive and delicious. It’s the perfect light dessert for a summer night!
If you’re looking for the perfect dessert for your summer barbeque, this red white and blue cheesecake salad is it! It’s made with fresh berries, whipped topping, and cheesecake pudding. The result is a light and fluffy dessert with a bit of patriotic flair! It’s perfect for any Memorial Day or Fourth of July celebration.
What Is a Cheesecake Salad?
This red white and blue fruit salad with Cool Whip and cheesecake pudding definitely doesn’t contain any leafy greens. But it is still referred to as a “salad.” These salads are made with fresh fruit and a sweet dairy component. They are a popular dessert during the summer. Creamy fruit salads are especially popular in the American Midwest and the South.
This particular recipe is called a cheesecake salad because it contains cheesecake pudding. The pudding gives the dish a cheesecake flavor without the heaviness of cream cheese.
Try pairing this patriotic dessert with a Red White and Blue Charcuterie Board!
Ingredients for Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad
One of the best things about this berry cheesecake salad recipe is that it only requires a few simple ingredients.
- Cheesecake Flavored Pudding – Use an instant cheesecake pudding mix to create a creamy and delicious base for this dessert. The pudding gives the salad a delicious cheesecake flavor, but it isn’t overwhelming.
- Whipped Topping – A container of whipped topping makes this dessert salad light and fluffy.
- Strawberries – Dice fresh strawberries into bite-size pieces. Fresh strawberries are best for this dish. Frozen fruit will melt over time and make the fruit salad watery. So fresh is best!
- Blueberries – Fresh whole blueberries add the blue to red white and blue. Remember to use fresh and not frozen!
- Marshmallows – Mini marshmallows are the perfect addition to this delicious dessert salad.
- Yellow Spongecake – Pick up a package of ready-to-serve yellow spongecakes at the grocery store. These are also called dessert shells. These are great crumbled into the cheesecake salad for a touch of cake-like consistency.
How to Make Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad
This patriotic summer fruit salad is a fast, but delicious recipe. It combines fresh fruit with whipped topping and rich cheesecake pudding. It’s the perfect patriotic treat for a hot summer day.
Step One – First, mix up a package of instant cheesecake pudding in a medium bowl. Typically pudding needs about 5 minutes to set in the refrigerator. It yields about 2 cups of pudding.
Step Two – Then, mix a container of whipped topping into the pudding. Just mix by hand, no need for an electric mixer!
Step Three – Dice 1-2 cups of fresh strawberries and add them to the cheesecake mixture. Then, add the fresh blueberries and mini marshmallows. Stir to combine.
Step Four – Crumble two cups of yellow spongecake. Add the cake to the cheesecake salad and stir to combine.
Step Five – Serve this red white and blue summer salad in a clear glass bowl or trifle dish. Top it with more strawberries, blueberries, and spongecake crumbs.
Can I Make This Dessert Salad Ahead of Time?
Yes! Prepare this salad up to two hours before serving for optimal freshness. It’s great for a last-minute Fourth of July party or barbeque.
If you’d like to make it more ahead of time, prepare the different components separately. Make the cheesecake pudding and whipped topping mixture first. Store that in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Rinse and chop the fruit and store it in a separate container. On the day you plan to serve the salad, combine all of the ingredients. It will only take 5-10 minutes. This keeps the salad tasting fresh and delicious. And it saves you a bit of day-of prep work.
Shop This Post
These are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from affiliate links that go towards supporting this blog. Thank you!
More Delicious Dessert Ideas
Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad
- 2 cups cheesecake pudding prepared
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 2 cups strawberries chopped
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups yellow spongecake crumbled
- Mix up 1 package of instant cheesecake pudding. Yields 2 cups of pudding.
- Mix a container of whipped topping into the pudding by hand.
- Chop strawberries and add them to the cheesecake mixture.
- Add the fresh blueberries and mini marshmallows. Stir to combine.
- Crumble two cups of yellow spongecake. Add the cake to the cheesecake salad and stir to combine.
- Serve in a clear glass bowl or trifle dish and top with additional strawberries, blueberries, and spongecake crumbles.