This sweet and tangy Whipped Goat Cheese Dip is an easy appetizer recipe. It combines goat cheese, Greek yogurt, honey, lemon, and thyme.
A delicious goat cheese appetizer is just what your snack table is missing this holiday season! This Whipped Goat Cheese Dip is made with a few simple ingredients, like soft goat cheese, sweet honey, zesty lemon, and fresh herbs. Blend it all together in a food processor and you have a quick and easy holiday appetizer!
This whipped goat cheese recipe is great served as a dip, as part of a cheese board, or as a topping for crusty bread crostini. Big goat cheese fans will adore this dish!
What Is Whipped Goat Cheese Dip?
Whipped Goat Cheese Dip is a creamy and delicious appetizer. It contains tangy goat cheese, sweet honey, zesty lemon juice, and fresh thyme. The ingredients are blended with Greek yogurt and a splash of milk to create an elevated dip. This easy dip pairs perfectly with charcuterie boards and crudite on an appetizer table for the holidays.
If you love this Whipped Goat Cheese Dip, try this recipe for Cranberry Whipped Feta Dip!
Ingredients Needed for Whipped Goat Cheese Dip
- Goat Cheese – Also known as chevre, goat cheese is a soft and tangy cheese. It is spreadable and pairs well with both savory and sweet foods. This is my favorite cheese for a charcuterie board!
- Greek Yogurt – This yogurt is also tangy and pairs well with goat cheese. The purpose of Greek yogurt in this dish is to make the cheese creamier and easier for dipping.
- Milk – A splash of milk thins the yogurt and cheese. This helps make the creamy texture dippable.
- Honey – Since goat cheese is tangy it pairs well with the mellow sweetness of honey. It complements the flavor of the cheese but also cuts the sharpness down.
- Lemon Juice – Add a little acidity to the dish with a bit of fresh lemon juice. This brightens the flavors of the dip.
- Lemon Zest – Citrus harmonizes with honey and goat cheese well. A little bit of lemon zest adds another level of flavor and rounds out the dip.
- Fresh Thyme – A sprinkle of fresh thyme leaves adds an earthy and aromatic flavor to the whipped dip. It’s the final piece to this gorgeous blend of flavors.
- Salt and Pepper – Round out the dip with a pinch of salt and pepper. The saltiness helps round out the flavors and the pepper adds a hint of heat.
How to Make This Creamy Whipped Goat Cheese Dip
This creamy goat cheese dip is the perfect tasty appetizer. It has so much flavor and pairs with so many different foods. The flavor of the goat cheese is perfectly complemented by the drizzle of honey and citrus.
Step One – Cut a log of goat cheese into 2-4 sections. Add those sections to the bowl of a food processor along with the Greek yogurt, milk, honey, freshly squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, salt, and pepper.
Step Two – Blend the goat cheese mixture in a food processor until it reaches a smooth consistency.
Step Three – Spread the creamy goat cheese mixture into the bottom of a shallow bowl or serving dish in an even layer. Drizzle honey over the top and sprinkle a few fresh thyme leaves over the dish. If you want to add a little heat to the dip, drizzle a bit of hot honey or red pepper flakes over the top of the dish.
Serve this delicious whipped chevre dip with your favorite crackers, slices of baguette, or pita bread. It’s also perfect for Goat Cheese Crostini!
You may store leftovers in the refrigerator. Keep the goat cheese dip in an airtight container. Don’t store the dip for more than 2-3 days because it will separate over time.
Yes! Make this creamy dip a day or two in advance. Before serving use a hand mixer to rewhip the dip so it’s creamy and fluffy. You can also whip it by hand with a spoon or rubber spatula.
If you don’t have Greek yogurt on hand, use sour cream instead! The two have a similar flavor and consistency.
This Whipped Goat Cheese Dip is one of the best dips for the holidays, or all year round! It is simple to make and is incredibly versatile! Serve it on crostini with fresh fruit, with cured meats and a balsamic glaze, or with roasted garlic and caramelized onions on a flatbread.
More Delicious Holiday Appetizer Recipes
Whipped Goat Cheese Dip
- food processor
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 5 oz Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- Add goat cheese, Greek yogurt, milk, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, salt, and pepper to the food processor.
- Blend the food processor until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Spread goat cheese mixture into the bottom of a shallow bowl.
- Drizzle honey and fresh thyme leaves over the dish.
- Serve with crackers, slices of baguette, or pita bread.