Valentine’s Day charcuterie board filled with delicious desserts, fruits, and cheese. Perfect for a romantic evening at home or a girls’ night.
A Valentine’s Day charcuterie board is a great way to celebrate Love Day at home. Fill the board with delicious desserts, fruit, cheese, and other snacks. Use snacks that are red or heart-shaped to make it extra festive.
Make a small board for a romantic Valentine’s at home with your love. Or a large board to celebrate Galentine’s Day with your friends.
What’s On This Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board
- Cheddar cheese
- Round Crackers
- White chocolate pretzels
- Heart-shaped Hershey’s chocolates
- Hershey’s Kisses (Valentine’s colors)
- SweeTarts Conversation Hearts
- Pink Sixlets
- Red lollipops
How to Assemble a Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board
Arrange this beautiful Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board on a large rectangular board. Place four heart-shaped bowls in different places on the board. I filled my bowls with little candies. Two of them contain SweeTart Conversation Hearts, one is full of pink Sixlets, and the last one holds blackberries.
After arranging the heart-shaped bowls, I worked on groupings from large to small items. So cookies, strawberries, and an apple heart were the first items. Then the charcuterie. And finally the chocolate candy. The chocolates have colorful wrappers so they are great for filling in space or adding color to the board.
Styling the Fruit
Arrange all of the fruit for the Valentine’s Day charcuterie board together. Stack whole strawberries above the heart-shaped bowl of blackberries. Strawberries are synonymous with Valentine’s. Plus, they add a bright pop of red to the board.
For an extra festive touch, cut an apple and arrange it to look like a heart. Cut off one side of a round red apple. Then, slice it into thin sections. Push the center section down and the outer sections up until they resemble a heart. Use this apple heart tutorial if you need a visual guide!
I also used my adorable vegetable shape cutters to cut hearts out of the remaining apple. I placed the little apple hearts in various places across the charcuterie board.
Styling the Charcuterie
Next, style the cheese and meats on the board. I cubed cheddar cheese for my board. However, slices from a wedge of manchego or gouda fanned across the board is another great idea.
Use thin slices of herb-crusted salami to create beautiful salami roses. The roses are stunning on any board. But they are especially fitting for a Valentine’s Day charcuterie board.
Fill in the space around the salami roses with pepperoni, or another meat of your choice. I chose pepperoni because this is a family board and my kids love it. Then add some round crackers for a savory crunch!
Choosing Desserts and Candy
No Valentine’s Day snack is complete without chocolate and sweets! Keep with the Valentine’s Day theme and use pink, red, or heart-shaped desserts. I used Valentine’s Day bags of Hershey’s Kisses and heart-shaped chocolates for my board. The wrappers for both chocolates are red, pink, and silver.
Macarons are a great cookie for charcuterie boards. They come in a variety of colors, look beautiful, and taste even better. I used chocolate, coffee, raspberry, vanilla, and lemon macarons on my board. Another fun option is sugar cookies with pink icing and sprinkles. Or chocolate chip cookies with red and pink M&M’s.
Fill in any remaining space on the board with white chocolate-covered pretzels. They are the perfect balance of sweet and salty. And they add a bright visual contrast. I also tucked a few red and white lollipops into the board.
Alternative Food for a Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board
- Brie cheese
- Gold rock candy
- Hershey’s Kisses with Almonds (gold foil)
- Dark chocolate peanut butter cups
What Size Board Did You Use?
My rectangular board is 18″ x 14″. I purchased the board at HomeGoods. It’s a great place to find affordable cheese boards! I’ve provided links to similar boards, as well as the heart-shaped dishes. I also linked to the shape cutters that I used to cut the little apple hearts.
Shop This Post
These are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from affiliate links that go towards supporting this blog. Thank you!
This beautiful Valentine’s Day charcuterie board is the perfect way to serve snacks for Love Day!
Other Fun Valentine’s Day Snack Ideas
Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board
- 1 18" x 14" charcuterie board
- 4 heart-shaped bowls
- 1 heart-shaped vegetable cutter
- cheddar cheese
- round crackers
- 1 red apple
- Valentine's Hershey's Kisses
- Valentine's Assorted Hershey's chocolates
- SweeTarts Conversation Hearts
- pink Sixlets
- white chocolate-covered pretzels
- red lollipops
- Place four heart-shaped bowls in different places on the board.
- Fill two bowls with conversation hearts and one with pink Sixlets.
- Fill remaining bowl with blackberries and arrange strawberries above the bowl.
- Create a heart using apple slices and place in the center of the board.
- Create salami roses and place them in the center and on the right side of the board.
- Arrange cheese and pepperoni around the salami roses.
- Fill the bottom corner with round crackers.
- Fill the opposite corner with macarons.
- Fill the top left corner and sides with Hershey's Kisses and heart-shaped chocolates.
- Fill in any remaining space with white chocolate-covered pretzels.
- Tuck a few red lollipops and additional chocolates around the board.
- Use remaining apple to cut small hearts using shape cutter. Scatter hearts across the board.
Wow Ashley, this board is beautiful!! You have a true gift for these charcuterie boards. It looks so pretty and everything would be delicious!
Make Life Marvelous