A copycat recipe for the Surly Sarlacc cocktail from Ronto Roasters at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge at Disney, without the added spiciness.
Transport yourself to Batuu at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge with this refreshing cocktail. I don’t live near Disney, so I don’t get to enjoy my favorite treats often! Instead, I recreate the magic of some of my favorite treats from Galaxy’s Edge at home.
This is a copycat recipe for the Surly Sarlacc cocktail. The Surly Sarlacc is made with Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit and Rose vodka, limeade, raspberry, and spicy mango. Since I don’t really enjoy spicy cocktails, I just use mango in this recipe. You can make it spicy if you want, but that’s not for me.
Why Is The Drink Called a Surly Sarlacc?
The Sarlacc is a giant predator that lives in holes on planets like Tatooine. The most famous example is the Sarlacc from Return of the Jedi. Jabba the Hutt attempts to feed Luke Skywalker, Chewie, and Han Solo to a Sarlacc, though they escape. Boba Fett was ingested by this Sarlacc, though we know that he survived.
Aside from the fun name, this cocktail doesn’t make me think of a Sarlacc at all! It is sweet and refreshing with a slightly bitter finishing flavor. The drink is a beautiful pink color.
A Surly Sarlacc costs almost $15 at Ronto Roasters. The location is great because you don’t need a reservation to order food and drinks at this quick-service restaurant!
Use the Ketel One Botanical Vodka to make Jedi Mind Trick cocktails too!
What Is In a Surly Sarlacc Drink?
According to the Ronto Roasters menu, the Surly Sarlacc contains Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit and Rose vodka, Minute Maid limeade, raspberry, and spicy mango flavors. This recipe omits the spicy component of the drink. For this non-spicy cocktail you need:
- Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit and Rose vodka – There isn’t a great substitute for this botanical vodka. It is the only blend of grapefruit and rose vodka available. So this is necessary for the cocktail.
- Limeade – Disney specifically uses Minute Maid limeade, but any brand is fine. This makes the cocktail sweet with a refreshing citrus flavor.
- Raspberry Syrup – This syrup adds additional sweetness and raspberry flavor to the cocktail. It also gives the drink its signature pink color. Flavored syrups may be purchased or made at home.
- Mango Syrup – Mango adds another level of sweetness, as well as some bitter and earthy undertones to the cocktail.
- Jalapenos – If you want to add a bit of spice to this cocktail, slice and deseed a jalapeno pepper. Add 3 or 4 slices to the cocktail.
Make Your Own Raspberry and Mango Syrup
The key to this delicious cocktail is the fruit syrups. You can save money by making your own syrups at home. To make raspberry syrup all you need is raspberries, water, and sugar. And for mango syrup, you need mango, water, and sugar.
Frozen raspberries and frozen mango are available at many grocery stores and work great for creating syrup. Fresh fruit, especially mango, is more expensive and often more difficult to find than frozen.
First, combine 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 cup of fruit in a small saucepan.
Heat the saucepan on medium heat and bring to a simmer. Allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes. Be sure to stir it every few minutes.
The raspberry liquid should be bright pink. And the mango liquid should be a light orange. What is left of the fruit itself will be very squishy. Strain the syrup using a mesh strainer.
Allow the syrup to cool in the refrigerator. Then transfer to a bottle for easy pouring. Homemade fruit simple syrup lasts about 2 weeks in the refrigerator!
How to Make a Surly Sarlacc
This cocktail is the perfect drink for May the 4th or a Star Wars movie night! I also find it refreshing on a hot day.
Step One – In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, limeade, raspberry syrup, and mango syrup.
Step Two – Add a handful of ice to the shaker. Then firmly place the lid on the cocktail shaker. Shake for 30 seconds to combine the cocktail ingredients and chill them.
Step Three – Strain the cocktail into a highball glass filled with ice. Add a few raspberries for garnish. Or a little Boba Fett! 😉
*Optional* If you want the cocktail to be a bit spicy, like the one at Galaxy’s Edge, add a few slices of jalapeno to the cocktail shaker before the ice. Shake the jalapenos with the drink, and don’t strain them out.
Shop this Post
Shop This Post
These are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from affiliate links that go towards supporting this blog. Thank you!
More Fun Star Wars Snacks and Drinks
- cocktail shaker
- 4 oz limeade
- 2 oz Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit and Rose vodka
- 1 oz raspberry syrup
- 2 oz mango syrup
- In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, limeade, raspberry syrup, and mango syrup.
- Add a handful of ice to the shaker. Firmly place the lid on the cocktail shaker. Shake for 30 seconds to combine the cocktail ingredients and chill them.
- Strain the cocktail into a highball glass filled with ice.