This delicious oven-baked smores dip is made with melty chocolate and toasted marshmallows for a delightful dessert, without the campfire.
Smores are a delicious summer treat. They are sweet, gooey, and crunchy. Plus, it’s just fun to make them over a campfire. But if you don’t have a fire pit, you can also enjoy this baked smores dip. It’s only two ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to bake in the oven. Perfect for a party or a family movie night.
They are called s’mores because you always want “some more” and that’s also true for this dip! Enjoy it with graham crackers, fruit, or pretzels.
What Makes This Smores Dip So Good?
- The chocolate melts all the way! Nothing is more disappointing than biting into a smores and the chocolate is still hard. With this dip, that never happens! All of the chocolate is fully melted into the dip.
- The marshmallows are evenly toasted. No burnt marshmallows here! Unless you want to burn them. Every scoop is full of gooey marshmallows.
- Perfect for sharing. If you want to serve smores to a large group, this oven-baked dessert dip is the way to go. Your guests can dip and snack without needing sticks for toasting or supplies.
- It’s quick and easy. This chocolate and marshmallow dip takes 10 minutes to make! It’s perfect for a fast dessert.
Ingredients You Need for Smores Dip
This easy recipe only requires two simple ingredients, plus something to dip into it. It doesn’t get any more simple than that!
- Chocolate – Use bars of chocolate or chocolate chips, or both! I used Hershey’s Chocolate bars for mine.
- Marshmallows – Large marshmallows work best for this recipe. The tops toast well without burning. But you can use mini marshmallows if you need to!
- Graham Crackers – Of course a s’mores dessert calls for graham crackers! Use them for dipping, or crumble a few on top.
How to Make Smores Dip in the Oven
You only need 10 minutes to bake this delicious summertime dessert dip! And it only uses one pan! It’s definitely one of the easiest dips to make.
First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Then coat a baking pan or a cast-iron skillet with cooking spray. I like to use coconut oil spray, but a regular baking spray is fine.
Layer the chocolate along the bottom of the pan. Cover as much of the pan as possible with chocolate.
Next, cover the layer of chocolate with marshmallows. Place the marshmallows vertically and fill the entire pan. The marshmallows should be a little smooshed together.
Bake the chocolate and marshmallows in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until the tops of the marshmallows turn golden brown.
Serve the dip immediately in the same pan you baked it in. The hot pan helps keep the dip warm.
Can I Make This Delicious Dip in the Air Fryer?
Yes! To make smores dip in the air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Use an oven-safe pan that fits in your air fryer.
Follow the above instructions for layering the chocolate and marshmallows. Place your pan in the air fryer and air fry at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. The marshmallows should turn golden brown on top.
Tips for Making This Dessert Dip
- Use any size pan! The best thing about this dip is how versatile it is. You can make as much, or as little, as you need. For a large group, use an 8×8 baking dish or cast-iron skillet. If it’s just your family, use a smaller pan. Or make it single-serve with a ramekin.
- Serve with more than just graham crackers. While graham crackers and s’mores are a great pairing, this dip also goes well with fresh fruit, cookies, or crackers. I love to dip pretzels for a sweet and salty snack. Other options include Vanilla Wafers, Oreos, Ritz Crackers, and chocolate chip cookies.
- Enjoy it hot! This easy s’mores dip is best warm. The chocolate and marshmallows grow hard as they cool. If it starts to harden before you’re finished, just warm it up in the oven for another 5 minutes!
- Customize it! Use dark chocolate or white chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Or try a mix of two, or all three!
- Add a few toppings. If you like peanut butter cups in your smores, top this dip with a drizzle of melted peanut butter. Or a few crushed peanut butter cups. Or use a salted caramel drizzle for an extra-rich treat. Sprinkles on top are great for holidays and special occasions too.
How to Store Leftover Smore Dip
If you have any leftover dip, store it in an airtight container. Keep the container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, transfer the dip to an oven-safe pan. Heat at 400 degrees for about 5-7 minutes, or until the chocolate and marshmallows melt.
Do not store any reheated leftovers!
More Delicious Dessert Dip Recipes
- baking dish or cast iron skillet
- 2 oz chocolate
- 12 oz large marshmallows
- graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a baking pan or a cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Layer chocolate along the bottom of the pan, covering as much of the pan as possible.
- Cover the layer of chocolate with marshmallows. Place the marshmallows vertically and tightly compacted together.
- Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes, until the tops of the marshmallows turn golden brown.
- Serve the dip immediately in the same pan.