Need a fresh soup recipe for dinner? You have to try this delicious Italian sausage soup! It’s made with Italian sausage, beans, and spinach.
I created a soup without a recipe, but let’s call it Italian Sausage Soup. Ingredients
– Mild Italian Sausage
– 1/2 one onion (diced)
– 30oz. of beef broth
– 2 cans of diced tomatoes
– Diced zucchini
– Diced carrots
– 2 cans Great Northern Beans
– 8+oz. frozen spinach
– 4 gloves of garlic
– 1/2 cup of Merlot
– 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
– Cayenne Pepper (just one dash)
– 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
– Salt (to taste)
– Pepper (to taste)
Let’s Get Cookin’
– Cook the Mild Italian Sausage in your soup pot in olive oil with the diced onion.
– Once your sausage is browned add your broth and Merlot. You’ll also want to add the tomatoes (with juice) and beans (rinsed thoroughly).
– Let it simmer for about 30 minutes and then add the rest of your ingredients.
You can adjust all of the spice levels to your family’s tastes.
– I like to let my soups simmer for about an hour before serving. After it’s done simmering serve with some warm bread, red wine and enjoy! According to Jesse this is his new favorite soup! And I’ve got to say, it was pretty good! Let me know if you try it out!
What is your favorite go-to cold, rainy day meal?