The Royal Flush cocktail is a classic drink made with Crown Royal, peach schnapps, and cranberry juice named for the highest poker hand.
Whether you need a tasty drink to serve during game night or to enjoy on your own, this Royal Flush cocktail is it! This simple Royal Flush drink recipe combines Crown Royal whiskey, fruity peach schnapps, and tart cranberry juice to create a delicious cocktail.
This is a great drink to enjoy during a game of poker or themed events. It’s sweet, full of fruity flavor, and perfect for Crown Royal lovers!
If you love this Royal Flush cocktail, try this Blackberry Bourbon Smash cocktail.
What is a Royal Flush Cocktail?
The Royal Flush is a simple 3 ingredient cocktail recipe. It’s made with Crown Royal whiskey, peach liqueur, and cranberry juice. Some recipe variations include simple syrup or Chambord (black raspberry liqueur), but the three main ingredients are all that’s necessary. It’s delicious without the additional ingredients.
The drink is named for the best hand in poker, a Royal Flush. This hand is when a player has the most valuable cards (Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and 10) in the same suit (ie. Hearts, Spades, etc.). While the cocktail has nothing to do with the poker hand, a Royal Flush is a winning drink recipe. It’s rich, sweet, and delicious!
Ingredients Needed for This Royal Flush Cocktail Recipe
- Crown Royal Whiskey – This Canadian whisky is a smooth spirit with hints of vanilla and fruit. It’s a very mellow whiskey and appeals to a broad audience. Crown Royal is the perfect whiskey pairing for a fruity cocktail.
- Peach Schnapps – Schnapps is an inexpensive and heavily flavored liqueur made with clear grain spirit and fruit syrups. The peach flavor pairs well with the fruit Crown whiskey. It creates a sweet and flavorful cocktail.
- Cranberry Juice – This tart and sweet fruit juice adds a pretty pink color to the cocktail. The flavor pairs well with the peach schnapps and Crown Royal. Use regular cranberry juice for a touch of sweetness. Or use unsweetened cranberry juice and simple syrup if you prefer.
How to Make a Royal Flush Cocktail
This delicious Crown Royal cocktail is an easy drink to prepare, but the flavor is delicious. And nothing beats that winning combination!
Step 1 – First, combine the Crown Royal, peach schnapps, and cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker.
Step 2 – Add a handful of ice cubes to the shaker. Then firmly place the lid on the cocktail shaker. Shake for 30 seconds to combine the cocktail ingredients and chill them.
Step 3 – Strain the cocktail into a glass over ice.
Garnish with cherries or a slice of peach.
What Kind of Glass Do I Use?
- Rocks Glass – Traditionally, a Royal flush cocktail is served in a Rocks glass, also called a lowball glass or Old Fashioned glass. These short glasses have a wide mouth that lets the cocktail breathe. And so the drinker can inhale the smells of the spirits as they drink. So you get a noseful of peach with every sip!
Shop This Post
These are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from affiliate links that go towards supporting this blog. Thank you!
Can I Make Royal Flush Cocktails in a Large Batch?
Yes! The Royal Flush cocktail is perfect for a large batch! Multiply the recipe by the number of people you wish to serve to determine how much you need of each. Combine the ingredients in a pitcher or carafe. Pour the drink from the pitcher over ice and garnish when serving.
How to Store This Cocktail
Combine all of the ingredients in a jar or airtight container. Store the cocktail in the refrigerator without ice for up to 24 hours. Shake, or stir, the cocktail before serving. Serve over ice and garnish as usual.
The Royal Flush is the perfect drink for poker night or a Las Vegas themed party. Or next time you’re in the mood for whiskey cocktails!
More Classic Cocktail Recipes
Royal Flush Cocktail
- cocktail shaker
- 2 oz Crown Royal whiskey
- 1 oz peach schnapps
- 1.5 oz cranberry juice
- Combine Crown Royal, peach schnapps, and cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Add a handful of ice cubes to the shaker. Firmly place the lid on the cocktail shaker. Shake for 30 seconds to combine and chill the cocktail ingredients.
- Strain into a lowball glass over ice.
- Garnish with cherries.