Bring the magic of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge home with this copycat Ronto Wrap recipe! Recreate this popular pork wrap with simple ingredients.
One of my favorite Disney World snacks is the Ronto Wrap from Galaxy’s Edge. It’s like an upgraded hot dog. And it’s the perfect snack for walking around in the blazing suns of Batuu. But it’s also a great snack to enjoy at home! This Ronto Wrap recipe is a great copycat for the real thing. It is simple to follow. And all of the ingredients are easy to find at most grocery stores!
What is a Ronto Wrap?
A Ronto Wrap is a delicious snack made with roasted pork, pork sausage, slaw, and a tangy sauce. They are served at Ronto Roasters in Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge in Disney World and Disneyland. These wraps are similar to gyros, just with different ingredients.
In Star Wars, a ronto is a large animal native to Tatooine. They have elephant-type bodies, but longer necks like a camel. They are used on farms or as pack animals.
Where Can I Get a Ronto Wrap?
Ronto Wraps are available for mobile or in-person ordering from Ronto Roasters. It is a quick-service restaurant in Galaxy’s Edge. There are breakfast versions, plant-based options, and a variety of allergy-friendly alternatives!
When you enter Ronto Roasters you see a pitmaster droid roasting a slab of ronto meat over a hot podracer engine. It’s a fun setting and experience!
Looking for a full Batuu experience at home? Serve your Ronto Wrap with a Blue Milk!
Ingredients You Need to Make This Wrap
- Thinly Sliced Roasted Pork – Shaved pork is available at most grocery stores. Season and roast it in the oven for the perfect, flavorful pork for these wraps.
- Hot Dogs – The official Ronto Wrap at Disney World contains long, thin sausages. For the sake of ease, affordability, and appeasing my kids, I used hot dogs. They are still just as delicious!
- Coleslaw – Check the deli area of your local grocery store for ready-to-eat coleslaw options. If you prefer, make your own coleslaw.
- White Barbeque Sauce – The Ronto Roaster’s menu lists “peppercorn sauce” as an ingredient in the wraps. However, white barbeque sauce has a similar flavor to many peppercorn sauce recipes. You can find white barbeque sauce with other sauces at the grocery store! I prefer the Duke’s Alabama White Barbeque Sauce.
- Pita Bread – Serve everything wrapped in a warm pita. Naan is also an excellent substitute!
How to Make A Ronto Wrap
This recipe is easy to follow and uses ingredients available at grocery stores. The key is to make an easy, but fun cooking experience. Then you can enjoy a ronto wrap for any occasion!
Step 1 – Roast thinly sliced pork. I prefer to purchase shaved pork at the grocery store and roast it.
Step 2 – Grill the hot dogs. Ronto Roasters uses pork sausages in their wraps. But their sausages are long and thin, similar to a hot dog. I opt to just use hot dogs. Plus, my kids like hot dogs better. They are inexpensive and delicious!
Step 3 – Lay out a warm pita or naan. Place the roasted pork in the bread. Top with a hot dog.
Step 4 – Apply the coleslaw over the pork and hot dog.
Step 5 – Top everything with white barbeque sauce.
The Best Way to Roast Shaved Pork
The easiest way to roast shaved pork is in a glass baking dish in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Step 1 – Apply a small amount of oil to the bottom of the baking pan.
Step 2 – Create a dry rub for the pork. My rub consisted of salt, pepper, lemon pepper, garlic, and paprika. But a premixed bbq rub works just as well.
Step 3 – Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Find safe meat temperatures on the USDA website!
More Star Wars-Inspired Recipes!
- glass baking pan
- 1 lb shaved pork or thinly sliced roasted pork
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 pita wraps
- 15 oz cole slaw
- 2 oz white barbeque sauce
- Roast thinly sliced pork.
- Grill the hot dogs.
- Place the roasted pork and hot dog in a warm pita.
- Apply the coleslaw over the pork and hot dog.
- Top everything with white barbeque sauce.
How to Roast Shaved Pork
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Apply a small amount of oil to the bottom of a baking pan.
- Apply a seasoning dry rub to the shaved pork.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes. Or until the pork reaches 160 degrees.