These delicious Rice Krispie wreaths are the perfect holiday sweet treat. They are simple but so colorful and festive.
One of my favorite desserts for any holiday is Rice Krispie Treats! They are simple, delicious, and easy to customize. For the winter holidays, Rice Krispie wreaths are a festive option. They perfectly complement any dessert table, Christmas treat board, or cake.
Make these Rice Krispie wreaths with the kids or as a fun holiday surprise!
Ingredients You’ll Need for Rice Krispie Wreaths
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Green food coloring
- Cooking spray
- Red candies
How to Make Rice Krispie Wreaths
You can make Rice Krispie treats in the microwave or on the stove. I prefer the stove because I think it maintains the warmth better. That makes it easier to stir the treats!
In a medium saucepan, melt a few tablespoons of butter. Add the marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted. Then add the Rice Krispies cereal and stir until all of the cereal is coated in melted marshmallows.
Next, add the green food coloring. Stir until the Rice Krispie treats are evenly colored. Keep adding food coloring until the treats are your desired shade of green.
Use a spoon, or an ice cream scoop, and scoop out 3″ balls of Rice Krispies. Be sure to coat the spoon, scoop, and your hands in a non-stick cooking spray! It makes working with the sticky treats easier.
Once all of the Rice Krispies are scooped out, use your fingers to hollow out the middle of each ball. Then pinch around the edges to form a wreath. Allow the Rice Krispies wreaths to cool completely before decorating.
Decorate the Rice Krispie wreaths using round red candies or sprinkles. Group them in clusters of three around the wreath to give the illusion of berries.
Can I Use Cornflakes Instead?
Absolutely! Cornflakes are also used to make fun cereal wreaths. Use the same amount of butter, marshmallows, and cereal as you would if you were using Rice Krispies. The cornflakes wreaths have a bit more crunch, which is fun! The cereal may also go stale sooner. So I recommend serving them the same day or within a day or two. If you want a recipe, this is a great one!
Fun Ideas for Your Rice Krispie Wreaths
My favorite thing about these Rice Krispie wreaths is how versatile they are! They look great on their own. Or as part of a Christmas snack board. They also make great toppers for Christmas cupcakes! Or arrange them around the outside of a fun holiday cake.
Of course, a fun edible wreath is also the perfect addition to a gingerbread house! Every house needs a wreath for the holidays!
More Holiday Treat Ideas
- Grinch Cookies
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Christmas Snack Board – Create a Fun Dessert Made with the Best Christmas Snacks
Rice Krispie Wreaths
- 3 tbsp butter
- 5.5 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/8 tsp green gel food coloring adjust based on color preference
- red candies
- In a medium saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter
- Add 5.5 cups of mini marshmallows
- Stir until the marshmallows are completely melted
- Add 6 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
- Stir until all of the cereal is coated in melted marshmallows
- Add the green food coloring and stir until treats reach desired shade of green
- Use a spoon, or an ice cream scoop, and scoop out 3" balls of Rice Krispies onto parchment paper. Spray spoon with non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking
- Use your fingers (coated in cooking spray) to hollow out the middle of each ball. Pinch to form wreaths.
- Add red candies or sprinkles around the wreath in groups of 3 to look like berries.