Pumpkin Pie Dip is the perfect easy dessert recipe! The delicious pumpkin dessert only requires 4 ingredients, no baking, and a few minutes!
If you need the perfect fall dessert or a quick dessert for Thanksgiving, this easy recipe for Pumpkin Pie Dip is perfect. This delicious dip only requires a few simple ingredients and minimal effort. This dip is perfect for pumpkin lovers or large crowds. This simple dip combines cream cheese, vanilla pudding, pumpkin, and warm spices. It takes less than 10 minutes to mix and doesn’t require any baking.
Try this Pumpkin Pie Dip this fall season! It’s sure to be one of your new favorite pumpkin recipes!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Pumpkin Pie Dip!
- Only 4 Ingredients – This delicious pumpkin cream cheese dip only requires four ingredients. Those ingredients are cream cheese, vanilla pudding, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Thick and Flavorful – This dessert dip has a great consistency! It’s thick and rich. But it’s not so thick that you can’t easily dip cookies or graham crackers in it.
- Takes Less Than 10 Minutes to Make – Fast and easy desserts are the best! This pumpkin pie dip takes less than 10 minutes to whip up.
- Stores Easily – Pop a lid on this dip and stick it in the fridge to save it for later! It’s a great after-dinner treat or afternoon snack.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie Dip
- Whipped Cream Cheese – Plain cream cheese gives the dip a creamy texture and sweet, tangy flavor. Purchase a regular brick of cream cheese or a pre-whipped cream cheese to save time. Bring the cream cheese to room temperature for easy mixing.
- Vanilla Pudding – Add sweetness and rich vanilla flavor with vanilla pudding. Use an instant pudding mix or your favorite homemade pudding recipe. You will need 2 cups of pudding, which is the serving size for a standard box of pudding mix.
- Pumpkin Puree – You can’t have a pumpkin dessert recipe without some pumpkin! Add pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling, for rich color and to cut the sweetness of the dip.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – When we think of pumpkin desserts, we’re usually thinking about pumpkin pie spice. Pumpkin doesn’t have much flavor by itself. Pumpkin spice is a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Sometimes the spice mix may also contain allspice. They all have a warm, aromatic flavor, which many people associate with fall desserts.
Make Your Own Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pumpkin pie spice is a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Some blends also include allspice. Most grocery stores carry a preblended pumpkin pie spice, especially this time of year. But if you don’t have that on hand, making your own is simple.
Measure out equal parts of each spice. Since this pumpkin fluff dip recipe only calls for 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice, you don’t need much. I’d recommend 1 teaspoon of each.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Combine in a small bowl. Then store any leftovers in a small airtight container. Or in a Ziploc bag.
How to Make This Easy Pumpkin Pie Dip Recipe
This delicious creamy pumpkin pie dip is the perfect dessert for fall parties or Thanksgiving. It’s rich, flavorful, and creamy. It’s especially great paired with a crunchy cookie or apple slices.
Step 1 – First, prepare the vanilla pudding. I typically use a box of instant vanilla pudding mix that yields 2 cups of pudding.
Step 2 – Next, combine the cream cheese, vanilla pudding, and pumpkin puree in a large mixing bowl.
Step 3 – Add the pumpkin pie spice to the mixture. Use premixed pumpkin pie spice or create your own! Stir until the spices are well incorporated into the dip.
Step 4 – Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and top with a little cinnamon for garnish. Serve with graham crackers or your favorite dippers.
What Do I Serve with Pumpkin Pie Dip?
- Graham Crackers – These crackers have a lightly sweet flavor, which makes them perfect for serving with dessert dips. They don’t overpower the flavor of the pumpkin dip or make it too sweet.
- Green Apples – The crisp and tart flavor of green apples is the perfect addition to this sweet and warm dessert dip. Slice them into half-inch thick slices. Red apple slices also work, but I think green apple slices taste better.
- Ginger Snap Cookies – Ginger Snaps are crunchy and full of bold flavor. The strong ginger flavor pairs well with the mellow pumpkin spice flavor of this pie dip.
- Vanilla Wafers – Another crunchy cookie option for dipping is Vanilla wafers. They are sweet, but the flavor doesn’t overpower the fall flavors of the dip.
Yes. If you want to blend up fresh puree of pumpkin, then go for it! A can of pumpkin puree can save you time and effort. But if you prefer fresh puree or have some on hand, then use it!
This creamy pumpkin dip can be made sugar-free with a few easy substitutions of sugar-free ingredients. Use a sugar-free vanilla pudding mix. Be sure to serve with sugar-free cookies or apple slices!
According to celiac.com, Jell-O brand pudding is gluten-free and gluten-safe. Cream cheese is naturally gluten-free, but always check ingredients to ensure the specific brand is gluten-safe.
How to Store Leftover Pumpkin Dessert Dip
Store Pumpkin Pie Dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The container needs a tight seal, otherwise, the dip dries out around the edges. Keep this dip in the refrigerator for up to five days. Do not freeze and thaw this dip!
This easy pumpkin dip recipe is the perfect dip for pumpkin spice lovers, or pumpkin season fans in general. Serve it at Thanksgiving as a more casual dessert. Your friends and family that don’t like pie will thank you!
More Delicious Holiday Dessert Dip Recipes
Pumpkin Pie Dip
- 6 oz whipped cream cheese
- 2 cups vanilla pudding
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Prepare the vanilla pudding.
- Combine the cream cheese, vanilla pudding, and pumpkin puree in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice to the mixture. Stir until the spices are well incorporated.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and top with cinnamon.