This delicious pumpkin fluff dip is the perfect Fall dessert! It is an easy recipe to make and only takes a few minutes. Serve with cookies!
Looking for a dessert that is light, fluffy, and full of Fall flavors? Try this creamy Pumpkin Fluff Dip! You only need four ingredients and less than 10 minutes to make this easy dessert dip. It’s the perfect dessert dip for an after-school treat, Halloween party, or Thanksgiving dessert table. Serve with your favorite dippers, like graham crackers and apple slices.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Pumpkin Fluff Dip!
- Only 4 Ingredients – This delicious pumpkin dessert dip only requires four ingredients. Those ingredients are vanilla pudding, whipped topping, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Light and Fluffy – This dessert dip has a great consistency! Its light and fluffy texture is perfect for dipping cookies or graham crackers into.
- Takes Less Than 10 Minutes to Make – Fast and easy desserts are the best! Especially for the dessert table at a party! This pumpkin fluff dip takes less than 10 minutes to whip up. And it will be eaten in less time than that!
- Stores Easily – Pop a lid on this dip and stick it in the fridge to save it for later! It’s a great after-dinner treat or afternoon snack.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Fluff Dip
- Vanilla Pudding – The base for this recipe is vanilla pudding. Use an instant pudding mix or your favorite homemade pudding recipe. You will need 2 cups of pudding, which is the serving size for a standard box of pudding mix.
- Whipped Topping – Add fluffiness to the dip with a container of Cool Whip, or other whipped topping. This is what makes it so light and easy for dipping!
- Pumpkin Puree – You can’t have a pumpkin dessert recipe without some pumpkin! Add pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling, for rich color and to cut the sweetness of the dip.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – When we think of pumpkin desserts, we’re usually thinking about pumpkin pie spice. Pumpkin doesn’t have much flavor by itself. Pumpkin spice is a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Sometimes the spice mix may also contain allspice. They all have a warm, aromatic flavor, which many people associate with fall desserts.
How to Make Pumpkin Fluff Dip
This delicious and fluffy pumpkin dessert dip is the perfect dessert for parties or an afternoon snack. It’s rich, flavorful, and creamy. It’s especially great paired with a crunch cookie or apple slices.
Step 1 – First, prepare the vanilla pudding. I typically use a box of instant vanilla pudding mix that yields 2 cups of pudding.
Step 2 – Next, combine the vanilla pudding and pumpkin puree in a large mixing bowl.
Step 3 – Add the pumpkin pie spice to the pudding and pumpkin mixture. Use premixed pumpkin pie spice or create your own! Stir until the spices are well incorporated into the dip.
Step 4 – Then mix in the whipped topping. Stir until it is well incorporated into the pumpkin and pudding mixture.
Step 5 – Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and top with a little cinnamon for garnish. Serve with green apples or graham crackers for dipping.
Make Your Own Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pumpkin pie spice is a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Some blends also include allspice. Most grocery stores carry a preblended pumpkin pie spice, especially this time of year. But if you don’t have that on hand, making your own is simple.
Measure out equal parts of each spice. Since this pumpkin fluff dip recipe only calls for 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice, you don’t need much. I’d recommend 1 teaspoon of each.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Combine in a small bowl. Then store any leftovers in a small airtight container. Or in a Ziploc bag.
What Do I Serve with Pumpkin Fluff Dip?
- Graham Crackers – These crackers have a lightly sweet flavor, which makes them perfect for serving with dessert dips. They don’t overpower the flavor of the pumpkin dip or make it too sweet.
- Green Apples – The crisp and tart flavor of green apples is the perfect addition to this sweet and warm dessert dip. Slice them into half-inch thick slices. Red apple slices also work, but I think green apple slices taste better.
- Ginger Snap Cookies – Ginger Snaps are crunchy and full of bold flavor. The strong ginger flavor pairs well with the mellow pumpkin spice flavor of this fluff dip.
Yes. If you want to blend up fresh puree of pumpkin, then go for it! A can of pumpkin puree can save you time and effort. But if you prefer fresh puree or have some on hand, then use it!
This fluffy pumpkin dip can be made sugar-free with a few easy substitutions of sugar-free ingredients. Use a sugar-free vanilla pudding mix and a zero-sugar whipped topping. Be sure to serve with sugar-free cookies or apple slices!
This recipe does not use cream cheese. Many dessert “fluff” dips use cream cheese, but I usually skip it. The tangy flavor of cream cheese is very strong sometimes. And it makes this dip too thick for dipping thin graham crackers.
How to Store Leftover Pumpkin Dessert Dip
Store Pumpkin Fluff Dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The container needs a tight seal, otherwise, the dip dries out around the edges. Keep this dip in the refrigerator for up to five days. Do not freeze and thaw this dip!
This pumpkin fluff recipe is the perfect dip for pumpkin spice lovers, or pumpkin season fans in general. Serve it at your next fall party and wow your guests! It’s sure to be a big hit!
More Delicious Dessert Dip Recipes
Pumpkin Fluff Dip
- 16 oz vanilla pudding
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Prepare the vanilla pudding.
- Combine the vanilla pudding and pumpkin puree in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice to the pudding and pumpkin mixture. Stir until the spices are well incorporated into the dip.
- Mix in the whipped topping. Stir until well incorporated into the pumpkin and pudding mixture.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and top with a little cinnamon for garnish.
- Serve with green apples or graham crackers for dipping.