This Pomegranate Aperol Spritz cocktail is a delicious blend of bitter Aperol, sweet pomegranate juice, and bubbly Prosecco served over ice.
Spritzes are the perfect cocktail for special occasions, celebrations, or evenings at home. They are bubbly, beautiful, and simple to create. This Pomegranate Aperol Spritz is made with Aperol, pomegranate juice, and Prosecco. It’s a gorgeous cocktail with a complex flavor.
Enjoy this delicious spritz at a celebration or for a casual evening at home. It’s the perfect spin on an Aperol Spritz.
What Is a Spritz?
A spritz is a wine-based cocktail with prosecco, a bitter liquor, and a splash of sparkling soda water. This pomegranate spritz substitutes pomegranate juice for the soda. It adds a touch of sweetness, which pairs well with the bitter taste of Aperol.
Aperol is an aperitif Italian liquor. Aperitives are dry and bitter liquors that are meant to stimulate the appetite. Aperol is made with rhubarb and other root plants, not oranges! The bittersweet flavor pairs well with citrus, like limes and oranges, and sweet fruit juice like pomegranate.
Ingredients for a Pomegranate Aperol Spritz
- Aperol – A bittersweet liquor that is bright orange in color. An Aperol Spritz is a balance of sweet and bitter flavors.
- Pomegranate Juice – Use 100% pomegranate juice for this recipe. The juice is naturally sweet, so it doesn’t require additional sugar or sweeteners. POM is my favorite brand of pomegranate juice to use.
- Prosecco – Use sparkling wine, like Prosecco or Cava, to add a touch of sweetness to this cocktail. It also adds bubbles, which lightens the flavor.
How to Make a Pomegranate Aperol Spritz
This Pomegranate Aperol Spritz recipe is simple but delicious! It’s the perfect balance between sweet, bitter, and bubbly. Plus, it’s a gorgeous color from mixing the vibrant red and orange drinks.
Step 1 – First, fill a wine glass approximately three-quarters full of ice. I prefer to use ball-shaped ice or pebble ice for spritzs.
Step 2 – Next, pour two ounces of Aperol over the ice.
Step 3 – Then add two ounces of pomegranate juice. Use 100% pomegranate juice.
Step 4 – Top the glass with about four ounces of Prosecco. Fill the glass as much as possible without overflowing the glass.
Step 5 – Stir to combine the spritz. Use a straw or a cocktail stirrer.
Step 6 – Garnish the cocktail with a tablespoon of pomegranate arils or a wheel of orange.
Shop This Post
These are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from affiliate links that go towards supporting this blog. Thank you!
Can I Make this Spritz in Advance?
Unfortunately, you cannot prepare this cocktail in advance. The prosecco will go flat. It is best to make and enjoy a spritz right away!
However, you can make this spritz for a large group of people! Pour 12 ounces of Aperol, 12 ounces of pomegranate juice, and a bottle of Prosecco into a large pitcher. Stir the pitcher, then serve the drinks immediately over ice so the Prosecco doesn’t go flat.
More Delicious Spritz Recipes
Pomegranate Aperol Spritz
- 2 oz Aperol
- 2 oz pomegranate juice
- 4 oz Prosecco
- Fill a wine glass approximately three-quarters full of ice.
- Add Aperol and pomegranate juice to the wine glass.
- Top the glass with about four ounces of Prosecco. Fill the glass as much as possible without overflowing it.
- Stir to combine the cocktail with a straw or cocktail stirrer.
- Garnish with a tablespoon of pomegranate arils or a wheel of orange.