These Oreo Cheesecake Bites are an easy dessert for cheesecake lovers. They only require 5 simple ingredients and bake like mini cupcakes.
Homemade cheesecake has always intimidated me, but these Oreo Cheesecake Bites are anything but intimidating! They only require five ingredients and a cupcake pan! The creamy Oreo cheesecake filling is made with cream cheese, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and Oreos. There’s no need for sour cream, a water bath, or a springform pan like with regular cheesecake. These Oreo mini cheesecakes are baked in the oven like a cupcake. The texture is more cake-like but they are incredibly moist and rich. These are the perfect desserts for any special occasion.
These bites are the perfect sweet treat for any Oreo lover! Serve them at your next get-together, or keep them for yourself!
If you love Oreos and Oreo desserts, try this Cookies and Cream Cookie recipe from Weekend Craft!
Ingredients for Oreo Cheesecake Bites
- Cream Cheese – The most important ingredient in a cheesecake is the cream cheese! Use softened full-fat, or pre-whipped, cream cheese.
- Sugar – Add sweetness to the cheesecake with granulated sugar.
- Eggs – This recipe uses two large eggs for a smooth consistency and rich flavor. They also help the cakes set into a firm, sliceable texture.
- Vanilla – Two teaspoons of vanilla extract add a delicious depth of flavor to the cheesecake.
- Oreos – The star of the show for these little cheesecakes is the Oreo cookies. They add an extra crunch and distinct Oreo flavor.
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake Bites
This mini Oreo cheesecake recipe is such a great dessert. They are simple to make and store well, which makes them the perfect mini desserts to enjoy whenever your sweet tooth strikes!
Step One – First, combine the ingredients to create the cheesecake batter. Mix softened, or whipped, cream cheese in a large mixing bowl with sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix the creamy cheesecake filling by hand or use an electric mixer to make it easier.
Step Two – Next, use a knife and chop 8 Oreos into small pieces. As an alternative, crush the Oreos in a gallon ziplock bag with a rolling pin. I prefer chopping the cookies to get more cookie chunks and fewer cookie crumbs.
Step Three – Mix the chopped Oreos into the cheesecake mixture using a silicone spatula.
Step Four – Line a regular cupcake pan with cupcake paper liners. Place a whole Oreo cookie in the bottom of each baking cup.
Step Five – Next, pour the batter into the cupcake liner over the whole cookie. Fill the cupcake liner about 3/4 full.
Step Six – Bake the cheesecakes for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the cheesecakes are set. For the best results, allow the cheesecakes to cool for at least 30 minutes. Then remove the mini cheesecakes from the cupcake liners.
Step Seven – Place the Oreo Cheesecake Bites in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours. These little cupcakes taste best cold.
Step Eight – Finally, top each mini Oreo cheesecake with whipped cream and Oreo crumbs. Serve the treats cold from the refrigerator.
Yes! One of the best things about these little desserts is that you can make them a few days in advance. Top the cupcakes with whipped cream just before serving. The whipped cream will melt if you add it too early.
Place the mini cheesecakes in a single layer in an airtight container. Store them in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Yes, these little cakes freeze very well! To avoid them sticking, individually wrap each Oreo cheesecake cupcake in foil or plastic wrap. Then place them in a large food storage bag and store them in the freezer. These cheesecake cupcakes are good for about 2-3 months in the freezer.
Thaw the bites in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature for no more than 3 hours.
After topping each mini cheesecake with whipped cream, there are a few ideas for toppings. Add Oreo cookie crumbs, chocolate ganache drizzle, or a mini Oreo cookie. You could also use sprinkles, especially if the mini cakes are for a specific holiday or occasion.
These mini Oreo cheesecake cupcakes are the perfect dessert! Serve them at a party or keep them in the freezer for a sweet treat any time.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes
Oreo Cheesecake Bites
- electric mixer
- cupcake tin
- 12 cupcake liners
- 12 oz cream cheese softened or whipped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 20 Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese with sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix by hand or use an electric mixer.
- Chop 8 Oreos into small pieces with a knife.
- Mix chopped Oreos into the cheesecake mixture with a silicone spatula.
- Line a regular cupcake pan with cupcake paper liners. Place a whole Oreo cookie in the bottom of each baking cup.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake liner over the whole cookie. Fill the cupcake liner about 3/4.
- Bake the cheesecakes for 15 minutes at 350 degrees until the cheesecakes are set.
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool for 30 minutes and remove the mini cheesecakes from the cupcake liners.
- Place the bites in the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- Top each mini cheesecake with whipped cream and Oreo crumbs.