This simple Pepperoni Monkey Pizza Bread is the perfect savory pull-apart bread recipe. It’s loaded with cheese, pepperoni, and pizza sauce.
There’s no better party food than pizza! This Monkey Pizza Bread recipe is a fun and easy way to serve pizza to a large crowd without getting takeout. It combines you favorite pizza toppings with tomato sauce, mozzarella, Parmesan, into a yummy pull-apart bread.
Pizza Monkey Bread is a fun food for parties, tailgating at home, or a unique pizza night with your family. This simple recipe is perfect for any pizza fan!
What is Monkey Bread?
Classic Monkey Bread is a sticky and sweet pastry. It’s traditionally served in the United States for breakfast or a sweet treat. This bread is made from balls of dough rolled in cinnamon and sugar and baked in a Bundt pan. Usually the dough balls are made from canned biscuit pieces.
This recipe is for a pull-apart savory Monkey Bread. It substitutes sweet flavors for Italian seasoning, pepperoni slices, other flavors of pizza. It’s easy to pull smaller pieces to eat, which makes it a great appetizer for game day or a party with friends.
Ingredients for Monkey Pizza Bread
- Pizza Dough – The easiest dough to use is a refrigerated pizza dough from a can. I usually prefer Pillsbury Pizza Crust dough. Canned layered biscuit dough is also a great alternative. You could also use homemade pizza dough if you prefer.
- Pepperoni – Mini pepperoni or pepperoni cut in half is best for this recipe. The meat should be bite-sized to eat with the dough balls.
- Mozzarella Cheese – Use a full block of mozzarella cheese for this recipe. Shred the cheese because freshly shredded cheese melts more evenly than pre-shredded mozzarella.
- Parmesan Cheese – Fresh Parmesan cheese shredded finely is best for this pizza bread recipe. It has more flavor and melts evenly. Pizza Sauce – A premade pizza sauce keeps this recipe simple. Use your favorite pizza sauce brand. If you prefer homemade pizza sauce, then use that!
- Olive Oil – This oil is best for pizza because of the flavor. Use oil to grease the bundt pan and to coat the dough. The olive oil will also keep the dough from sticking together as it cooks.
- Pizza Seasoning – The typical seasonings for pizza are oregano, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix the seasonings with the olive oil. Add a little red pepper flakes if you like a spicy kick.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic is best for any recipe, but especially pizza. My little cheat is using jarred garlic. It tastes close to fresh, but I don’t have to peel or cut it. You can use garlic powder if that’s what you have on hand.
How to Make Pepperoni Monkey Pizza Bread
This easy Pizza Monkey Bread recipe has all of the flavor of pizza, but it only takes 15 minutes to prepare. It’s delicious and simple.
Step One – First, shred the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Set the cheese aside for later.
Step Two – Then prepare the pizza dough. Open the cans of refrigerated dough and spread the dough on a cutting board. Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into 1 to 2-inch pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a small ball.
Step Three – Drop the pizza dough balls into a large bowl of olive oil mixed with garlic and pizza seasoning. Coat each ball completely in the olive oil mixture.
Step Four – Next, grease a bundt cake pan with olive oil. You can also use a cooking spray instead. Pour about 1/4 cup of pizza sauce into the bottom of the pan. Cover the bottom with the sauce. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese over the pizza sauce.
Step Five – Then add a third of the dough balls. Cover the entire bottom of the pan with dough.
Step Six – Sprinkle half a cup of pepperoni over the pizza dough. Then sprinkle 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese over the pepperoni. Pour a quarter cup of pizza sauce over the mozzarella. Then sprinkle 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese over that.
Step Seven – Add another layer of seasoned dough. Then repeat the pepperoni, mozzarella, pizza sauce, and parmesan layers.
Step Eight – For the final layer add the remaining pizza dough and top it with the remaining cheese.
Step Nine – Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until the pizza dough is cooked through. The edges of the dough will be a nice golden brown.
Step Ten – Allow the pepperoni pizza monkey bread to cool for about 20 -30 minutes. Then flip the bundt pan upside down onto a large plate or serving platter.
Serve the Monkey Pizza Bread with a side of warm marinara sauce or Ranch dressing for dipping.
How to Store Leftovers
Store leftover Pizza Monkey Bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If there’s too many leftovers for a container, then wrap the bread in aluminum foil and store it in the refrigerator. Reheat leftovers in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until the bread is heated all the way through. Top with a little extra pizza sauce and cheese to maintain the moisture.
This delicious Monkey Pizza Bread is an amazing appetizer recipe to enjoy for a family pizza night, party with friends, or tailgating at home.
More Delicious Appetizer Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- Cheeseburger Spring Rolls
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza Rolls
Pepperoni Monkey Pizza Bread
- Bundt cake pan
- 2 13.8 oz cans Pizza dough
- 1.5 cups Pizza Sauce
- 1.5 cups Pepperoni
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Pizza seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shred mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Set aside for later.
- Open the cans of refrigerated dough. Spread the dough on a cutting board. Cut the dough into 1 to 2-inch pieces using a pizza cutter or knife.
- Roll dough into small balls.
- Drop dough balls into a bowl of olive oil mixed with garlic and pizza seasoning. Coat each ball completely in olive oil mixture.
- Grease a bundt cake pan with olive oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of pizza sauce into the bottom of the pan. Cover the bottom with the sauce.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese over the pizza sauce.
- Arrange 1/3 of the dough balls over the pizza sauce and cheese.
- Sprinkle half a cup of pepperoni over the dough. Then add 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese over the pepperoni. Pour a quarter cup of pizza sauce over the mozzarella. Then sprinkle 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese over that.
- Add another layer of seasoned dough. Then repeat the pepperoni, mozzarella, pizza sauce, and parmesan layers.
- Top with the remaining pizza dough and the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the pizza dough is cooked through and the dough will is golden brown.
- Allow bread to cool for 20 -30 minutes.
- Flip the bundt pan upside down onto a serving platter.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce or Ranch dressing for dipping.