These mini charcuterie boards are perfect for a girls’ night or cocktail party. Each board has the perfect amount of food for individuals.
What’s better than a charcuterie board? An individual mini charcuterie board! These miniature cheese boards are the perfect little snack for a small, intimate gathering. They look beautiful and make your guests feel special!
If you want to serve charcuterie, but are intimidated by large boards try these mini boards instead. They look just as beautiful, are more cost-effective, and waste less food.
Why Make Mini Charcuterie Boards?
Mini charcuterie boards are perfect for small gatherings. Like a girls’ night or game night with friends. Every guest receives their own board for snacking. These are ideal for a variety of reasons:
- They are less expensive. The key to a beautiful charcuterie board is fullness. But it’s expensive to fill a large board with cheeses and snacks. Small boards cut down on the amount of food needed. They are full and beautiful, at a fraction of the price.
- There is less waste. Not only is filling a large board with food expensive, but it’s also wasteful. Many cheeses go to waste for several reasons. Either they just weren’t popular in flavor. Or they sat out too long. Individual boards made to suit your guests’ taste are less wasteful. Guests eat a comfortable amount of food they like, and nothing sits out all night.
- Presentation is easier. A beautiful board is a full board. So by default, individual boards are prettier. They are easy to fill with just a few variations of snacks. Tuck in a few small garnishes and the result is a full and pretty board.
What Food Is On Each Mini Charcuterie Board?
- Cheddar Cheese: Cheddar is one of the most popular cheeses. You can’t go wrong with cubes of quality cheddar cheese. And, depending on the number of guests, one or two blocks of cheddar is enough for each guest to have 4-5 large cubes of cheese.
- Salami: Overlap two circles of salami and roll them together. This forms a small salami rose. Use the larger items on the board to hold the small roses together. These are perfect for individual charcuterie boards.
- Olives: Olives add a touch of salty, briny flavor to any board.
- Sweet Petite Pickles: Small sweet pickles fit perfectly on these mini boards. Plus, they complement the other flavors perfectly.
- Blackberries: All charcuterie boards need a little touch of sweetness. Blackberries are a great size for mini boards. They stack well which fills the space on the board. Height gives the look of abundance when styling food.
- Strawberries: Strawberries pair beautifully with cheddar cheese, salami, and sweet pickles. They are also heavy, so they help hold items in place.
- Mini Toasts: Mini toasts are exactly what the name suggests. They are miniature versions of toast. They are crunchy pieces of bread, like a crouton but softer. These are delicious alternatives to crackers.
- Assorted Nuts: Fill in any remaining space on the small boards with assorted nuts.
- Rosemary: Garnish the boards with a few small sprigs of fresh rosemary. It completes the look of the board and gives off a pleasant aroma.
How to Assemble Mini Charcuterie Boards
These mini charcuterie boards are so simple to assemble. Start with the largest items first, then add the smaller items to fill in the space.
First, place the pickles, strawberries, and cheese cubes first. Arrange them along the edges of the boards.
Next, place the small salami roses between the cheese and strawberries to hold them together.
Fill in the curve of the pickles with blackberries or olives. Then, fill the remaining space with mini toasts and olives or blackberries. Whichever food you didn’t place with the pickles.
Finally, fill in any remaining spaces with assorted nuts. Tuck a few small sprigs of rosemary around the outside of the board. Or use it to fill any remaining visual gaps.
What Size Are These Mini Boards?
These mini boards are the perfect size for an individual charcuterie snack. The round boards are 4″ in diameter. The ovals are 4.5″ wide and 6″ long, not including the handle. These miniature boards are usually available at HomeGoods. It’s one of my favorite places to grab affordable cheese boards!
Below are a few other options I found for miniature boards!
Shop This Post
These are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from affiliate links that go towards supporting this blog. Thank you!
Alternative Food Ideas for Mini Cheese Boards
Any foods that you may add to a large charcuterie board also work on a mini board! Consider trying different cheeses or meats. Or add a cookie for a little dessert element. The great thing is you won’t need much, just enough for one, or a half, on each board!
- Brie bites
- Gouda cubes
- Apple slices
More Charcuterie and Snack Ideas
- Charcuterie Cones
- Nutella Board
- Hocus Pocus Board
- Black Widow Marvel Board
- Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board
Mini Charcuterie Boards
- small cheese boards
- cheddar cheese cubed
- mini pickles
- mini toasts
- assorted nuts
- fresh rosemary
- First, arrange the cheese cubes and strawberries on the outside of the boards.
- Next, place a salami flower in the center of the board. Use the cheese and strawberries to hold the flower in place.
- Then add the next largest items, the pickles, mini toasts, olives, and blackberries.
- Fill in the remaining space with assorted nuts and small sprigs of rosemary.