This Greek chicken sheet pan dinner is an easy way to serve your family a healthy meal with minimal effort and clean-up!
Sheet pan dinners are simple and delicious, with hardly any cleanup. That is the ultimate win for me! This Greek chicken sheet pan dinner is where I turn when I want an easy meal on busy weeknights. It requires a few simple ingredients, like chicken, fresh veggies, herbs, and spices. And a sheet pan!
**This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a commission from these links!**
What is a Sheet Pan Dinner?
A sheet pan dinner is a meal that you bake on a single pan in the oven. The pan contains protein and vegetables. It all cooks together at the same time. The result is a delicious dinner any hardly any dirty dishes. Plus, most of the cooking is hands-off since it’s in the oven.
As a mom, sheet pan meals are a necessity sometimes. Especially when trying to parent and finish up evening chores. They are easy to prepare and even easier to clean up.
I use the large Stoneware Bar Pan from Pampered Chef for all of my sheet pan dinners. I like to line the pan with aluminum foil, or parchment paper, to keep clean-up simple. This pan is such a high quality, I’ve had mine for 12 years and it is still going strong! You could absolutely skip lining the pan, but there’s nothing I hate more than cleaning the kitchen and washing dishes.
What You Need for this Greek Chicken Sheet Pan Meal
- Chicken – This recipe works for chicken breasts, tenderloins, or thighs.
- Eggplant – A diced eggplant brings a slightly bitter, but sweet flavor to the dish.
- Zucchini – This vegetable brings a slight crunch and mild flavor to this chicken sheet pan dinner.
- Tomatoes – Use fresh diced tomatoes for this recipe.
- Red Onion – Add vibrant flavor to the dish with a diced red onion.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic or powdered garlic may be used for this recipe. Both contain a delicious savory flavor.
- Lemon Juice – Fresh lemon juice brings brightness to the dish. And it’s the perfect complement to Greek flavor.
- Red Wine or Balsamic Vinegar – This vinegar adds a lot of flavor to the dish. It’s lovely paired with lemon juice and spices.
- Paprika – Seasoning adds needed flavor to meals. Paprika is smokey and peppery.
- Oregano – Dried oregano adds a touch of herbal sweetness to dishes.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes – Red pepper flakes add a needed touch of heat to this sheet pan meal.
- Cumin – This nutty, peppery spice is full of flavor and is delicious on chicken.
How to Make This Greek Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
This quick and simple dinner is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner. It just requires a bit of prep work and passive cook time in the oven. Perfect for an evening of multitasking or relaxing while dinner cooks.
Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Chop eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, and red onion while the oven warms up.
Step 2 – Coat a sheet pan with a little olive oil. Then place the eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, and red onion in an even layer on the bed of oil. Top the vegetables with the chicken. Add the garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and spices over the chicken and vegetables.
Step 3 – Bake the Greek sheet pan meal for 30 – 35 minutes.
Step 4 – Serve the meal alone, with a side of homemade hummus, or quinoa.
This chicken sheet pan dinner is so simple and delicious! It’s perfect for a busy family, people that hate to cook, or meal prep for the week.
Tip: Use a Meat Thermometer
Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is done. A meat thermometer takes all the guesswork out of cooking meat. A thermometer makes me more confident in the kitchen because I know that I’m serving my family fully-cooked meat. The thermometer we have has the government food safety temps printed on it for easy reference.
Alternative Vegetable Ideas
If you aren’t a fan of certain veggies or don’t have them on hand, sub in others. This dinner is all about ease and convenience.
- Carrots – A slightly sweet and colorful addition to this sheet pan dinner.
- Broccoli – Add some additional fiber and flavor to this meal. Frozen or fresh broccoli is suitable.
- Red Bell Peppers – Bell pepper is slightly sweet, a bit crunchy, and perfect for this dish.
- Sweet Potatoes – The sweet flavor of sweet potatoes pairs well with the Greek flavor of the meal.
What Kitchen Tools Do You Need for This Meal?
- Sheet Pan – A shallow pan with a lip around the outside to hold the meal and its juices. Metal or stone pans work well for this style of meal.
- Sheet Pan Liner – A silicone sheet pan liner helps control the mess in the bottom of the pan. Foil is an option if you don’t have a pan liner.
- Meat Thermometer – Use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken before serving.
Shop This Post
These are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from affiliate links that go towards supporting this blog. Thank you!
How to Store Leftovers of This Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for about 3 minutes or until chicken is warmed through.
Use It for Meal Prep!
This sheet pan Greek chicken recipe is excellent for meal prep. The cooking is mostly hands-off, and the clean-up is a breeze. So pop the pan in the oven while you’re working. Then divide the finished food up into air-tight containers. Store them in the fridge or the freezer. Now you have a supply of great lunches or dinners for the future!
More Easy Dinner Ideas
Mediterranean Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken breast I like to use tenderloins (aka strips)
- 3 cups eggplant
- 3 cups zuchinni
- 2 cups Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line a large roasting pan with aluminum foil and coat with 2 tbsp olive oil
- Chop eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini and red onion and spread evenly on pan
- Place chicken breast on top of veggies
- Add remaining olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and red wine vinegar over the chicken and vegetables
- Top with paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, red pepper, cumin, salt and pepper
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until chicken is done
- Serve with hummus or quinoa and enjoy!