This sweet pink martini recipe is based on the popular Love Martini from The Melting Pot. It combines peach and coconut with tart cranberry.
Create this popular cocktail from The Melting Pot at home! The Love Martini combines coconut rum, peach schnapps, and cranberry juice into a pretty pink drink. All you need are five simple ingredients, a cocktail shaker, and martini glasses. It’s the perfect drink for Valentine’s Day, date night, or a girls’ night!
Why Is This the Best Love Martini Recipe?
The Love Martini is a popular cocktail at the restaurant The Melting Pot. The original cocktail includes coconut rum, peach schnapps, and cranberry juice. This copycat recipe is the best because it is slightly less sweet and has a bit of added brightness. It includes a bit of vodka to reduce the sweetness and fresh lemon juice for a bit of acidity. The lemon juice balances all of the other flavors and brings the drink together. It improves the flavor of the original cocktail recipe.
Ingredients for This Love Martini
- Coconut Rum – This coconut-flavored rum adds a wonderful tropical flavor to this martini. The Melting Pot recipe uses Malibu rum, but any coconut rum works for this recipe.
- Peach Schnapps – Schnapps is an inexpensive and heavily flavored liqueur made with clear grain spirit and fruit syrups. The peach flavor pairs well with the coconut rum. It creates a sweet and flavorful cocktail.
- Vodka – This cocktail is a tad sweet for me, so I like to add a bit of vodka to cut down the sweetness. Vodka doesn’t distract from the flavor of the drink.
- Cranberry Juice – This tart and sweet fruit juice adds a pretty pink color to the cocktail. The flavor pairs well with the peach schnapps and coconut rum. It complements their flavor without overpowering them.
- Lemon Juice – Add brightness and acidity to this delicious drink with fresh lemon juice. It’s the missing piece of the puzzle.
**Use citron vodka, or any citrus vodka or lemon vodka, as a substitute for both the vodka and lemon juice.**
How to Make a Love Martini
This delicious cocktail is the perfect drink for a romantic dinner or a night with the girls. It is sweet, flavorful, and has a little tropical pop.
Step 1 – In a martini shaker, combine coconut rum, peach schnapps, vodka, cranberry juice, and lemon juice.
Step 2 – Add a handful of ice cubes to the shaker. Then firmly place the lid on the cocktail shaker. Shake for 30 seconds to combine the cocktail ingredients and chill them.
Step 3 – Strain the cocktail into a chilled martini glass or coupe glass with a red sprinkle rim.
Garnish the cocktail with fresh strawberry slices like at The Melting Pot. I used vegetable cutters to cut one piece of strawberry into a heart. A couple strawberry hearts is an even cuter idea. An alternative garnish is fresh cranberries.
How to Add A Red Sprinkle Rim
Sugaring or salting the rim of the glass enhances the flavor of a cocktail. Plus, it adds a special visual touch to the drink as well. For this pink cocktail, I added a red sprinkle rim.
What You Need
- 2 shallow dishes larger than the rim of your glass
- Simple syrup or lemon juice
- Red sparkle sprinkles
Fill one shallow dish with red sprinkles, about 1/2 a centimeter deep. Fill the other with simple syrup. Just enough to cover the bottom of the dish.
Dip the cocktail glass upside down into the syrup. The syrup gives the sprinkles something to stick to. Then place the glass upside down into the dish with the sprinkles.
The result is a lovely red sprinkle rim. It’s the perfect garnish for a pretty pink cocktail.
What Type of Glass Do I Use?
- Martini glass – Martini glasses have a large bowl. This allows the cocktail to “breathe.” A cocktail breathing means that the alcohol is dispersed more evenly in the cocktail. A proper martini glass has a long stem. The stem is important because it allows the martini to stay cold. It would warm quickly if you touched the glass since it doesn’t contain ice.
- Coupe glass – Coupe glasses are similar to martini glasses. They have a large mouth and a stem. The large mouth of the glass allows you to take in the scents of the cocktail as you drink. Smelling a cocktail as you drink it changes the flavor profile.
Shop This Post
These are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from affiliate links that go towards supporting this blog. Thank you!
Can I Make a Large Batch of Love Martinis?
Martinis are excellent cocktails to make in advance. Multiply the cocktail ingredients listed below by the number of guests you’re serving. Place the large batch of Love martinis in the refrigerator to chill the cocktail until it’s time to serve.
How to Store This Cocktail
If you’re storing this cocktail for more than a few hours, pour it into a jar or airtight container. Store that container in the refrigerator for several days. The cocktail will keep for up to a week. Shake or stir to recombine ingredients before serving.
More Fun Martini Recipes
- 1 cocktail shaker
- 2 oz coconut rum
- 2 oz peach schnapps
- 1 oz vodka
- 4 oz cranberry juice
- 1/4 oz lemon juice
- Combine coconut rum, peach schnapps, vodka, cranberry juice, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Add a handful of ice cubes to the shaker. Firmly place the lid on the cocktail shaker. Shake for 30 seconds to combine the cocktail ingredients and chill them.
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled martini glass with a red sprinkle rim.
- Garnish the cocktail with fresh strawberry slices.