This fun popcorn Halloween snack mix is the perfect snack for Spooky Season! It combines sweet Halloween candy with salty buttered popcorn.
Nothing beats the combination of sweet and salty! And this Halloween snack mix is the perfect combination of sweet and salty! It combines fun Halloween candies, like chocolate, gummies, and candy corn, with salty buttered popcorn. And best of all, it takes less than 5 minutes to make this easy recipe! It’s ready in the short time it takes to pop a bag of popcorn and mix in the candy. It’s perfect for Halloween parties or a family movie night.
The best kind of snack mix is one that is low maintenance, includes simple ingredients, and is affordable! This fun Halloween snack mix is the perfect easy snack with a spooky twist. It’s essentially popcorn with fun add-ins. It’s a great snack mix for a busy day or for a last-minute party.
Ingredients for This Popcorn Halloween Snack Mix
- Popcorn – Nothing screams salty, delicious treat more than popcorn! This snack mix uses buttered popcorn as the base. It’s perfect for a movie night at home!
- Candy Corn – The quintessential Halloween candy is candy corn. It’s a must for any Halloween snack!
- Snickers (Ghoulish Green) – For Halloween, Snickers makes Ghoulish Green Snickers. These candy bars have a vivid green nougat. It’s perfect for a spooky snack!
- Halloween Shaped Sprinkles – Find Halloween-shaped sprinkles, like pumpkins and witch hats, in the Halloween section of your local Target, on the baking aisle of your favorite craft store, or order some online!
- Black Licorice – This candy is a little controversial, but my family loves black licorice. The black color is perfect for a Halloween snack.
- Hershey’s Cookies N Cream Fangs – This seasonal candy is a great addition to your Halloween dessert options. The Cookies N Cream bars are carved to look like vampire fangs.
- Gummy Eyeballs – These creepy gummy eyeballs are a lot of fun for a Halloween snack. The ones I used are strawberry-flavored gummy eyeballs from Target.
- Candy Pumpkins – Another fun Halloween staple candy! It’s not Halloween without a few candy pumpkins!
How to Make Halloween Snack Mix
This popcorn snack mix is the perfect blend of sweet and salty and it’s sure to be a family favorite for this time of year!
Step One – Start with a large gallon-size ziplock bag. Fill the bag 3/4 with popcorn.
Step Two – Add handfuls of each candy ingredient to the bag.
Step Three – Zip the storage bag closed. Then shake the bag around to disperse the candy equally through the popcorn.
Step Four – Dump the mixed popcorn snack into a large bowl or popcorn container. Enjoy on the couch while watching your favorite Halloween movie!
*Alternative Serving Method* – Another option for serving this spooky snack mix is pouring it into small Halloween-themed cups or mini treat bags. This option is great for parties or watching movies with a group of people!
Here are a few Not-So-Spooky Halloween movie recommendations!
Alternative Spooky Snack Ingredients
One of the best things about this easy Halloween snack mix is that it’s easy to swap in your favorite ingredients. Substitute any of the candies for your favorite Halloween candy to make a fun treat that is perfect for you! Here are a few ideas of alternate snacks:
- Gummy Worms – Add gummy worms to your snack mix for an extra creepy-crawly feel! They will look like they are squirming through your popcorn!
- M&M’s – Halloween-colored M&M’s are great for a snack mix! It’s called “Ghoul’s Mix” and only includes purple, green, and orange M&M candies.
- Reese’s Pieces – I think the Halloween season is the only time I see this candy anymore. So it always screams Spooky Season to me.
- Pretzels – Add another salty component to your snack mix with salty pretzels! Use regular pretzels or Halloween-shaped pretzels. Chocolate-covered pretzels are also a great option!
- Candy Eyes Sprinkles – Your snack mix is watching you! Especially when it’s full of sprinkles that look like eyes!
- Reese’s Pumpkins – Another classic Halloween candy! Reece’s Pumpkins will add a punch of peanut butter flavor to your snack mix.
- Kettle Corn – Combine buttered popcorn and Kettle corn, or caramel corn, for a fun mix of sweet and salty crunchy snacks!
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies – Little pumpkin cookies are also perfect for this snack mix. They add a little pumpkin flavor to the mix.
Store any leftover spooky Halloween snack mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. The popcorn may go stale sooner or later depending on how often the container is opened or how long the mix was out before storing! But if your family is anything like mine, this delicious sweet and salty snack mix won’t have many leftovers!
Shop This Post
These are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from affiliate links that go towards supporting this blog. Thank you!
Enjoy this delicious Halloween snack mix during your next scary movie, or not-so-scary-movie, marathon, Halloween gathering, or as an after-school treat.
More Fun Snack and Treat Ideas for Halloween
Halloween Snack Mix
- Candy Corn
- Snickers (Ghoulish Green)
- Halloween Shaped Sprinkles
- Black Licorice
- Hershey’s Cookies N Cream Fangs
- Gummy Eyeballs
- Candy Pumpkins
- Fill a large gallon-size ziplock bag 3/4 full with popcorn.
- Add handfuls of each candy ingredient to the bag.
- Zip the storage bag closed. Shake the bag to disperse the candy equally through the popcorn.
- Pour the mixed popcorn snack into a large bowl or popcorn container.