This funfetti dip recipe is a colorful and delicious dip for parties or celebrations. It is made with cake, Cool Whip, and lots of sprinkles!
Funfetti dip is a colorful and sweet treat. It’s perfect for birthday parties, baby showers, or other celebrations. It only contains three ingredients, so it’s low-stress and easy to make.
Ingredients You Need to Make Funfetti Dip
- Funfetti or Rainbow Chip Cake Mix – Most cake brands carry a vanilla mix with colorful candies. This fun confetti-style cake mix is perfect for this cake dip recipe!
- Cool Whip – The whipped topping makes the cake dip light and fluffy. It’s sweet, but without any tang like a cream cheese-based dip has.
- Rainbow Sprinkles – It’s not funfetti without a ton of sprinkles! They make the dip look more festive and colorful.
How to Make This Easy Funfetti Dip Recipe
Funfetti dip is very simple to make. It’s sweet, delicious, and the perfect treat for kids!
Step 1 – Heat treat a box of funfetti, or rainbow chip, cake mix. Pour the cake mix into a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat the flour in one-minute increments until it reaches 165 degrees. This removes any possible bacteria in the cake mix.
Step 2 – Once the cake mix is cooled, mix it into a bowl of Cool Whip. Stir until the cake mix is no longer dry.
Step 3 – Stir in any additional rainbow or fun-shaped sprinkles you want to add.
Step 4 – Transfer the funfetti dip to a serving bowl. Top it with additional sprinkles.
What to Serve with Funfetti Dip
Funfetti dip is vanilla-flavored and lightly sweet, so pairs well with a variety of cookies and crackers.
- Animal Crackers – These fun animal-shaped cookies are perfect for funfetti dip. They aren’t overly sweet by themselves, so the combination of cookie and dip is well-balanced.
- Graham Crackers – Another cookie that isn’t too sweet. The graham flavor is also a nice complement to the vanilla in the dip.
- Strawberries – Strawberries and vanilla dip are a great pair. They go well with this cake batter dip.
- Oreos – If you’re a chocolate lover, Oreos also make a great dipper for funfetti dip. The crunchy chocolate cookies pair well with vanilla.
- Pretzel Chips – For the sweet and salty crowd, try pairing pretzels with cake batter dip. It’s a great blend of the two flavors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Funfetti cake, also called Rainbow Chip or Confetti, is typically a separate boxed cake flavor. The cake mix is usually a white or vanilla cake with colorful candies added. It looks like confetti within the cake when it’s done baking.
If you can’t find a confetti cake mix, add sprinkles to the mix for the same effect.
Raw flour products are generally not safe for consumption. They have not been treated to eliminate bacteria, like salmonella. Eating non-treated raw flour products could result in food poisoning. So heat any cake mix or flour, just to be safe.
Flour should be heated to 165 degrees before consumption. Heat the cake mix in the microwave and use a cooking thermometer to monitor the temperature.
Absolutely! This dip is great for creating a few hours, or even a day, before serving. Just be sure to store it in an air-tight container!
How to Store this Dip
Store Funfetti dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The container needs a tight seal, otherwise, the dip dries out. Then it is difficult to scoop and doesn’t taste as good. Keep this dip in the refrigerator for up to five days. Do not refreeze and thaw this dip!
More Dessert Dips You May Enjoy!
- cooking thermometer
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- 12 oz funfetti cake mix
- 1 oz sprinkles
- Heat treat cake mix. Pour the cake mix into a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat the flour in one-minute increments until it reaches 165 degrees.
- Allow the cake mix to cool completely.
- Once cool, mix it into 16 oz of cool whip.
- Mix in sprinkles.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with more sprinkles.
- Serve with cookies.