This creepy Halloween Martini has its eye on you! The cocktail is made with gin, triple sec, a splash of strawberry, and a gummy eyeball.
Looking for a delicious cocktail for your next Halloween party or scary movie night? Try this creepy Halloween Martini! You only need three simple ingredients for this spooky martini, crisp gin, citrusy orange liqueur, red syrup, plus a creepy gummy eyeball!
This creepy Halloween cocktail looks like a bloody eye, but it tastes delicious! Serve it at Halloween parties or while watching your favorite scary movie.
What Makes This Halloween Martini So Creepy?
This simple martini transforms into a creepy Halloween martini thanks to the addition of a gummy eyeball! The eye watches you while you sip on it. And the strawberry syrup adds a creepy little touch of red blood like from a real eye. But even though the cocktail looks creepy, it’s a delicious mix of gin and strawberry.
Ingredients for an Eyeball Halloween Martini
- Gin – This botanical spirit is the base of many popular cocktails. It’s made with juniper berries, coriander, and citrus peels. It is the key component of a traditional martini.
- Triple Sec – This orange liqueur is perfect for this martini because it pairs well with the strawberry flavor and the citrus notes of gin. It’s important to use a clear orange liqueur in this recipe so the color of the cocktail doesn’t change.
- Eyeball Gummy – The key component to this Halloween cocktail is the eyeball! Find gummy eyes at Target or your local craft store. My gummy eyes are strawberry flavor.
- Strawberry Syrup – Add a touch of sweetness and the look of blood to this creepy martini with a few drops of strawberry syrup. This syrup pairs well with the strawberry gummy eyes.
How to Make This Bloody Eye Halloween Martini
This eyeball martini is the perfect Halloween drink. This easy recipe contains gin, triple sec, and a gummy eye.
Step 1 – First, combine gin and triple sec in a cocktail shaker.
Step 2 – Add a handful of ice cubes to the shaker. Then firmly place the lid on the cocktail shaker. Shake for 30 seconds to combine the cocktail ingredients and chill them. You must chill a martini!
Step 3 – Strain the cocktail into a chilled martini glass or coupe glass.
Step 4 – Place a candy eyeball into the bottom of the drink. Be sure the pupil part of the eye is facing up!
Step 5 – Finally, drip a few drops of strawberry syrup into the martini, right over the eye! It will look like little tendrils of blood wafting through the drink.
What Type of Glass Do I Use?
- Martini glass – Martini glasses have a large triangular bowl. This allows the cocktail to “breathe.” A cocktail breathing means that the alcohol is dispersed more evenly in the cocktail. The stem is important because it allows the martini to stay cold. It would warm quickly if you touched the glass since it doesn’t contain ice.
- Coupe glass – Coupe glasses are similar to martini glasses. They have a large mouth and a stem. The large mouth of the glass allows you to take in the scents of the cocktail as you drink. Smelling a cocktail as you drink it changes the flavor profile.
Shop This Post
These are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from affiliate links that go towards supporting this blog. Thank you!
Substitutions for This Creepy Martini
- Vodka – If you don’t like gin, consider using plain vodka or an infused vodka instead. A strawberry-flavored vodka would work well for this drink with the strawberry syrup and candy.
- Cherry Syrup – If you don’t have strawberry syrup, use cherry syrup. The cherry syrup from a jar of maraschino cherries works great for this recipe.
- Homemade Red Syrup – Add a few drops of red food coloring to a bit of simple syrup. This red syrup adds to the bloody appearance but doesn’t change the flavor of the martini. Red juices, like cranberry juice or pomegranate juice, won’t work because they disperse throughout the drink too much.
Can I Make This Creepy Cocktail in Bulk?
The martini cocktail base is great for making a large batch of drinks. If you were serving this spooky Halloween cocktail to a large group of people, multiply the ingredients by the number of guests. Mix the martini base in an airtight container and place it in the freezer to chill. When you’re ready to serve the martinis, pour the cold base into glasses and add the eye and red syrup.
How to Store These Halloween Martinis
Since gin and triple sec won’t freeze, the freezer is perfect for storing the cocktail base and keeping it cold. Store the martini in a jar or an airtight container. Pour a drink and add an eye whenever you want to enjoy a scary Halloween cocktail!
This martini is the perfect Halloween cocktail for any costume party or Spooky Season celebration.
More Fun Halloween Themed Cocktail Ideas
- cocktail shaker
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1 gummy eyeball
- 1/8 tsp strawberry syrup a few drops
- Combine gin and triple sec in a cocktail shaker.
- Add a handful of ice cubes to the shaker. Firmly place the lid on the cocktail shaker. Shake for 30 seconds to combine the cocktail ingredients and chill them. You must chill a martini!
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled martini glass.
- Place a candy eyeball into the bottom of the glass.
- Drip a few drops of strawberry syrup into the martini, directly over the eye.