This Cranberry Whipped Feta Dip is the perfect holiday appetizer. It layers creamy feta cheese, tart cranberry sauce, and salty pistachios.
The holidays are a time to gather with friends and family, and to eat delicious food! This Cranberry Whipped Feta Dip is the perfect appetizer for the holiday season. It combines sweet cranberry sauce with salty feta cheese in a delicious dip. It’s ready in less than 15 minutes and all you need is a food processor or a blender.
This impressive appetizer uses simple ingredients but combined they make a delicious holiday dip.
What Is Cranberry Whipped Feta Dip?
This whipped feta dip is a layered dip that is perfect for holidays! It combines creamy tangy feta cheese with sweet cranberry sauce. The bottom layer is made of whipped feta cheese and honey. That layer is topped with cranberry sauce made with orange zest and whole cranberries. The final layer is crushed pistachios.
If you love this Whipped Feta Dip, try this recipe for Whipped Goat Cheese Dip!
Ingredients Needed for Cranberry Whipped Feta Dip with Pistachios
- Feta Cheese – You can’t have a feta cheese dip without feta cheese! Use a block of cheese brought to room temperature because it’s easier to mix into a creamy consistency. I also think it’s more flavorful!
- Greek Yogurt – The tangy flavor of Greek yogurt complements the feta cheese, it also helps the cheese achieve a smoother consistency.
- Honey – Add a touch of sweetness to the feta cheese and yogurt mixture with honey.
- Orange Juice – A splash of freshly squeezed orange juice adds a little acidity to the creamy feta cheese mixture.
- Orange Zest – A small amount of orange zest mixed into the cranberry sauce gives it a citrus flavor. It’s a great way to improve the flavor of canned cranberry sauce.
- Cranberry Sauce – Use Whole Berry canned cranberry sauce for this recipe. The sauce contains the skin, seeds, and texture of cranberries. It’s more satisfying to eat and tastes better, in my opinion.
- Pistachios – Top this dip with crushed pistachios. They add a satisfying crunch and nutty flavor.
How to Make This Festive Cranberry Whipped Feta Dip
This easy recipe for a holiday creamy feta dip is perfect for a last-minute appetizer. It’s a simple dip, but full of flavor that is perfect for this time of year!
Step 1 – Cut a block of feta cheese into 4 large sections. Add those sections to a food processor along with the Greek yogurt, honey, and freshly squeezed orange juice.
Step 2 – Blend the feta cheese mixture in a food processor until it reaches a smooth consistency.
Step 3 – In a small bowl, combine the canned whole-berry cranberry sauce, orange juice, and orange zest. Stir to combine them together.
Step 4 – Spread the creamy feta cheese mixture into the bottom of a shallow bowl in an even layer.
Step 5 – Then spread the cranberry sauce over the top of the feta cheese. Don’t bring the cranberry sauce to the edges of the bowl so you can see the cheese underneath.
Step 6 – Sprinkle crushed pistachios over the top of the whipped cranberry feta dip. Serve with your favorite crackers, crostini, or pita bread.
You may store leftovers in the refrigerator. Keep the layered feta dip in an airtight container. Don’t store the dip for more than 2-3 days because it will become watery over time. And the pistachios will get soggy. I don’t really recommend storing this dip.
This dip is best made on the same day it’s served. The cranberry sauce will become watery over time, which isn’t ideal. It’s quick and easy, so make it a little before your guests arrive! Cover the dip with saran wrap until it’s time to serve.
Absolutely! If you prefer fresh cranberry sauce or have a favorite family recipe, feel free to use that instead of canned. I only use canned because it saves time and effort! If you’re serving this dip the day after a holiday meal it’s a great way to use any leftover cranberry sauce.
More Recipes for Holiday Appetizers
- Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board
- Cranberry Chicken Salad Dip
- Goat Cheese Crostini
- Bacon Brie Crescent Wreath
Cranberry Whipped Feta Dip with Pistachios
- food processor
- 8 oz feta cubed
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed orange juice divided
- 1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup crushed pistachios
- Cut a block of feta cheese into 4 large sections. Add those sections to a food processor with Greek yogurt, honey, and freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Blend the feta cheese mixture in a food processor until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- In a small bowl, combine whole-berry cranberry sauce, orange juice, and orange zest. Stir to combine.
- Spread the creamy feta cheese mixture into the bottom of a shallow bowl in an even layer.
- Spread the cranberry sauce over the top of the feta cheese.
- Sprinkle crushed pistachios over the top of the dip.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, crostini, or pita bread.