This festive Christmas Martini is the perfect blend of holiday flavors. It contains vodka, cinnamon syrup, cranberry juice, and fresh lime.
Looking for a festive cocktail to serve guests this holiday season? Try this delicious Christmas Martini! This recipe is a festive spin on the classic martini recipe. It combines vodka, orange liqueur, and fresh lime juice with warm cinnamon and tart cranberry juice. With a few simple ingredients and a cocktail shaker, you have the perfect holiday cocktail!
Serve this delicious Christmas Martini at your holiday parties, or for a night at home watching Christmas movies. After the first sip, you will fall in love with this great cocktail recipe.
If you want a creamy cocktail this time of year, try a delicious Eggnog Martini.
Why Is This the Best Christmas Martini Recipe?
This is the BEST Christmas Martini because it combines the holiday flavors of cinnamon and cranberry. The cocktail contains cinnamon simple syrup. This sweetener adds a touch of warmth and spice to the drink. And it pairs very well with the cranberry. This holiday martini also uses vodka instead of gin like a classic martini. And it utilizes the citrusy sweetness of triple sec instead of dry vermouth. The triple sec complements the cranberry flavor and the vodka doesn’t overpower the cinnamon and cranberry flavors. Martini purists may not love the additional ingredients, but this is one of the best Christmas drinks!
For another fun Christmas cocktail, try the Cranberry-Orange Christmas Margarita!
Ingredients for This Cranberry Christmas Martini
- Vodka – Vodka is a popular spirit for cocktails because it has a smooth finish, but not a lot of flavor. It adds alcohol without changing the flavor of the drink. This lets the cranberry and the cinnamon flavors shine through in the martini.
- Triple Sec – This martini is fruit-heavy, so a sweet citrus liqueur is a perfect addition. Triple Sec is made with oranges, but it doesn’t have a heavy flavor.
- Cinnamon Syrup – This holiday martini is a little sweeter than the standard martini, but the cinnamon syrup is totally necessary! It adds holiday warmth and the perfect flavor.
- Lime Juice – Add some brightness and acidity to this delicious drink with fresh lime juice. Fresh lemon juice is a great substitute if needed.
- Cranberry Juice – This juice is the perfect addition to a Christmas cocktail! It is tart and sweet. Fresh cranberries are in season in the late fall, which makes them a key holiday flavor.
Homemade Cinnamon Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is one of the best ingredients for adding sweetness to a cocktail. Cinnamon simple syrup adds sweetness and a bold, spicy flavor to Christmas cocktails.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar to a small saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan on medium-low heat. It does not need to boil!
- Continuously stir the water-sugar mixture until all of the sugar dissolves.
- Pour into a glass jar.
- Add 2 whole cinnamon sticks.
- Allow the syrup to cool in the refrigerator. The cinnamon needs at least 24 hours to infuse the simple syrup with the cinnamon flavor. The longer it soaks, the more flavor it leaves behind. This cinnamon simple syrup should last up to 6 months in the refrigerator!
How to Make a Christmas Martini
This warm and tart Christmas Martini is a festive twist on a regular vodka martini. It’s perfect for a Christmas party or any holiday festivities!
Step 1 – In a martini shaker, combine vodka, triple sec, cinnamon syrup, lime juice, and cranberry juice.
Step 2 – Add a handful of ice to the shaker. Then firmly place the lid on the cocktail shaker. Shake for 30 seconds to combine the cocktail ingredients and chill them.
Step 3 – Strain the cocktail into a chilled martini glass or coupe glass.
Garnish the cocktail with fresh cranberries on a festive food pick. Alternative garnish options include a cinnamon stick, a sprig of rosemary, or frozen cranberries floating on top.
What Type of Glass Do I Use?
- Martini glass – Martini glasses have a large bowl. This allows the cocktail to “breathe.” A cocktail breathing means that the alcohol is dispersed more evenly in the cocktail. A proper martini glass has a long stem. The stem is important because it allows the martini to stay cold. It would warm quickly if you touched the glass since it doesn’t contain ice.
- Coupe glass – Coupe glasses are similar to martini glasses. They have a large mouth and a stem. The large mouth of the glass allows you to take in the scents of the cocktail as you drink. Smelling a cocktail as you drink it changes the flavor profile.
Shop This Post
These are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from affiliate links that go towards supporting this blog. Thank you!
Can I Make a Large Batch of Blood Orange Martinis?
Martinis are excellent party drinks to make in advance. Multiply the cocktail ingredients listed below by the number of guests you’re serving. Place the large batch of Christmas martinis in the refrigerator to chill the cocktail until it’s time to serve.
How to Store This Cocktail
If you’re storing this cocktail for more than a few hours, pour it into a jar or airtight container. Store that container in the refrigerator for several days. The cocktail will keep for up to a week. Shake or stir to recombine ingredients before serving.
This delicious cinnamon and cranberry martini is the perfect cocktail for the Christmas season. It will spread holiday cheer at your next holiday party! Happy Holidays!
More Holiday Cocktail Recipes
- cocktail shaker
- 4 oz vodka
- 1.5 oz triple sec
- .5 oz cinnamon syrup
- 1 oz lime juice
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- Combine vodka, triple sec, cinnamon syrup, lime juice, and cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Add a handful of ice to the shaker. Firmly place the lid on the cocktail shaker. Shake for 30 seconds to combine the cocktail ingredients and chill them.
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled martini glass or coupe glass.
- Garnish the cocktail with fresh cranberries on a festive food pick.