This chocolate chip Cannoli Dip is a fun easy dessert. It’s made with ricotta cheese and Mascarpone and served with waffle cone pieces.
Cannolis are the perfect sweet treat. They are fried pastry tubes filled with a sweet creamy cheese filling. But if you don’t have time to make authentic cannolis, this easy dessert dip is the perfect substitute! This easy Cannoli dip recipe combines ricotta cheese, mascarpone, confectioners sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips into a sweet creamy dip. Instead of a fried pastry shell, serve the dip with waffle cones for a subtle, sweet crunch. This recipe has all of the flavor of a classic cannoli in a delicious dip!
This delicious Cannoli Dip is the easiest dessert for a party, girls’ night, or after a delicious Italian dinner. It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
This Cannoli Dip is The Perfect Easy Dessert
- No Cooking Necessary – Get all of the flavor of homemade cannolis, without the work. Skip baking cannoli shells and just make this dip.
- Light and Fluffy – This cannoli dessert dip has a great consistency! Its light and fluffy texture is perfect for dipping graham crackers or waffle cone pieces.
- Takes Less Than 10 Minutes to Make – Fast and easy desserts are the best! Especially for the dessert table at a party! This Cannoli Dip takes less than 10 minutes to whip up. And it will be eaten in less time than that!
- Stores Easily – Pop a lid on this dip and stick it in the fridge to save it for later! It’s a great after-dinner treat or afternoon snack.
Ingredients for Cannoli Dip
- Ricotta Cheese – This recipe uses whole milk ricotta cheese. Ricotta is a soft whey cheese used in many Italian recipes. It has a mild flavor but is very creamy. Use cheesecloth to strain the excess water from the cheese so the dip isn’t watery.
- Mascarpone Cheese – Mascarpone is an Italian cream cheese made from heavy cream instead of milk. It has a similar flavor to American cream cheese. The cheese should be at room temperature so it’s soft and easy to mix.
- Confectioner’s Sugar – Also known as powdered sugar, confectioner’s sugar is sugar ground into a fine powder. It dissolves at room temperature and has a smoother texture than granulated sugar. It’s perfect for icings, glazes, or dessert fillings.
- Vanilla – Add a touch of warmth and rich flavor to the cannoli filling with a splash of vanilla extract. It balances the flavors of the cheese perfectly.
- Mini Chocolate Chips – Everything tastes better with chocolate, including cannolis! Miniature chocolate chips are best for this dessert dip recipe because you get more chips in each bite.
How to Make Cannoli Dip
This creamy Cannoli Dip is a little tangy from the mascarpone and sweet from the powdered sugar. It’s the perfect easy recipe for entertaining or dessert after an Italian dinner!
Step 1 – First, strain the ricotta cheese using cheesecloth. Ricotta has a lot of extra water so straining it prevents the dip from being too watery. Add the strained cheese to a large bowl.
Step 2 – Next, add the mascarpone cheese to the bowl along with powdered sugar and vanilla. Use an electric hand mixer to whip the cheeses together.
Step 3 – Then, add the mini chocolate chips to the cheese mixture. Mix the chocolate chips thoroughly into the dip with a spoon.
Step 4 – Transfer the dip to a serving bowl or serve in a waffle bowl. Top with additional chocolate chips or crushed waffle cone.
Serve this Cannoli dip with pizzelle cookies, pieces of waffle cone, or vanilla cookies. BJ’s Wholesale Club also carries Cannoli Chips that would be perfect!
What Do I Serve with This Creamy Dip?
- Pizzelle Cookies – These crackers have a lightly sweet flavor, which makes them perfect for serving with dessert dips. They taste like thin waffle cones.
- Waffle Cone Pieces – If you can’t find Pizzelle cookies, then use waffle cones. Break them into large pieces for dipping. Waffle cone bowls work well too!
- Vanilla Wafers – These light cookies have a mild flavor that doesn’t overpower the flavor of the dip. They are simple and affordable.
Store this dessert dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The container needs a tight seal, otherwise, the dip dries out around the edges. Keep this dip in the refrigerator for up to five days. Do not freeze and thaw this dip!
Yes! This recipe is naturally gluten-free. Be sure to check all of the ingredients to ensure the brand you buy doesn’t have a risk of cross-contamination. Serve with gluten-free graham crackers or cookies.
Yes! Combine all of the ingredients and store the dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator until it’s time to serve. You may make the dip up to 3 days in advance.
If you don’t have cheesecloth, there are a few other ways to strain the excess water from the cheese.
– Coffee Filters – Place small scoops of the cheese into a single coffee filter and gently squeeze the water out. Be careful not to rip the filter as you squeeze.
– Paper Towels – Place small scoops of ricotta onto layers of paper towels and gently squeeze to absorb the excess liquid.
– Fine Mesh Sieve – Use a fine strainer to drain the water out of the cheese. Gently press the cheese into the strainer to get out as much water as possible.
This homemade Cannoli Dip recipe is the next best thing to having a fresh Italian cannoli. It’s an easy sweet treat that tastes just like the inside of a cannoli.
More Fun Dessert Dip Recipes
- electric hand mixer
- 2 cups ricotta cheese strained
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1.5 cups Confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups mini chocolate chips
- Use a cheesecloth to strain the ricotta cheese. Add the strained cheese to a large bowl.
- Add mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla to the bowl.
- Mix together the cheeses and sugar using an electric hand mixer.
- Add the mini chocolate chips to the cheese mixture and mix with a spoon.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with additional chocolate chips or crushed waffle cone.
- Serve with pizzelle cookies, pieces of waffle cone, or vanilla cookies.