Air fryer frozen broccoli is crispy and crunchy. It is fast and simple. Perfect for a healthy side dish for dinner on a busy weeknight.
Roasted broccoli is a delicious vegetable side dish. However, roasting the broccoli in the oven takes time. And it takes even more time if the broccoli is frozen. So I don’t make it very often. Until I started roasting frozen broccoli in the air fryer.
Air fryer frozen broccoli is crispy and crunchy, just like roasted broccoli. But it takes less time and requires zero prep work. It’s the perfect way to serve vegetables with dinner on a busy weeknight.
The Benefits of Making Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
There are so many benefits to making roasted broccoli in the air fryer. This makes it a great way to prepare vegetables for dinner.
- It cooks quickly. The broccoli is finished in 8-10 minutes!
- There is zero prep work involved. Simply pour the frozen broccoli onto the air fryer tray, add a few seasonings and it’s ready to cook!
- It doesn’t require constant attention. You can set the air fryer and move on to other tasks.
What to Serve This Broccoli With
What You’ll Need to Make Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- Frozen broccoli
- Cooking spray (Coconut oil, olive oil, etc.)
- Garlic powder
- Shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
This air fryer broccoli is quick and easy! First, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Prepare your air frying basket or tray while the air fryer warms up. Spray a light coating of cooking spray over the basket. I prefer to use coconut cooking spray. But whatever cooking spray you prefer is fine.
Then pour a 10-15 ounce bag of frozen broccoli into the basket. Lightly spray the broccoli with the same cooking spray. Then sprinkle about 1/2 a teaspoon of salt, pepper, and garlic powder over the broccoli. The amount of seasoning can be adjusted to your personal preference. Typically, half of a teaspoon is a great starting place for most dishes.
Cook the broccoli in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. The tops of some of the broccoli will brown. That is normal. After the broccoli is finished, remove it from the air fryer. Shred about 1/8 cup of fresh parmesan cheese over the top. The cheese should melt over the broccoli.
The cheese is optional. This broccoli is delicious without it! Or sub the parmesan for shredded cheddar cheese if you prefer.
What Type of Air Fryer Did You Use?
My air fryer is the Cuisinart Stainless Steel Air Fryer Toaster Oven. The inside and outside of the air fryer are stainless steel. And all of the trays, baskets, and racks are also stainless steel. I prefer stainless steel to plastic.
Shop This Post
These are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from affiliate links that
More Air Fryer Recipes You Have to Try!
Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- 1 air fryer
- 10-15 oz frozen broccoli
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Lightly spray an air fryer tray with cooking spray.
- Pour 10-15 oz of frozen broccoli on the tray.
- Lightly spray the frozen broccoli with cooking spray. Top with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Adjust the amount of each seasoning to taste.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove broccoli from the air fryer. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.