First let me say that hanging these curtains has turned into quite the fiasco. It turns out that the screws that I was using (from the previous owners curtain rods) were too short and I was actually drilling in the right spot, just not deep enough to go into the stud. I got one rod up in the master bedroom, but haven’t pressed or hemmed the curtains. I’ll have a full reveal for you guys on Monday though, I promise. I would say tomorrow, but I’ve got too much going on tonight to finish them by then.
Ok and now onto the real point of this post! Exactly a month ago, I wrote this post where I shared with you all some health goals I made for myself for this spring/summer and beyond. Here were my goals:
- Cut out all meat 1 day a week.
- Keep the drinking and eating out for the weekend, or hanging out with friends. This is kind of what we do now, but I occasionally go out for lunch and I always want to go to dinner. No more.
- Exercise (cardio) at least 3 days a week and stretch/do yoga everyday. The stretching and yoga is supposed to help with my sciatica.
- Tone what I’ve got. Not looking to lose weight necessarily, just to tone what I’ve got and carry it better.
- Run a 10k with my husband.
I’m happy to report that I’ve stuck with most of these goals for the whole month!
- We cut out red meat and chicken 1 day every week, we will eat shrimp in pasta if our meatless day falls on the same day as we run because if not we are starving in a few hours.
- I haven’t been as good about the eating out. I’ve only had fast food 3 times since Easter (the end of Lent) but I’m still buying sushi or Lean Cuisines at least once a week. My caffeine intake is still pretty high too, but my best friend and I are trying to cut back, starting on Monday.
- I haven’t been so good on the exercise front until recently. I started doing the Couch to 5k program and am almost done with Week 2! I signed up to run a 5k in May so I know I’ll be sticking with it until then because I paid to be in the 5k. Nothing to whip you into shape like the fear of losing money! I always stretch after running, but I need to work on doing it on a daily basis.
- I think the toning ties in with the exercise and yoga, so I’m working on it, but it needs more work. I’ve heard good things about the Jillian Michaels DVDs, so maybe I’ll give those a try.
- And of course the 5k is my first step in the direction of running a 10k. I’m really hoping that I get super addicted to running and run several 5ks and 10ks in the future.
So cue that Rocky theme song, because I’m feeling on top of the world! Running makes me feel super accomplished and I just love being able to say that “I went running yesterday”