Again I’m sharing another pasta recipe here on the blog! Jesse and I have pasta at least twice a week, because it’s easy and filling, so I’ve learned to experiment and make different kinds of sauces. This recipe doesn’t have a name because it was just something I threw together one night that quickly became a crowd favorite, so I wanted to share it! Start by coating the bottom of a frying pan in olive oil and heating it up, not too hot. Roughly chop up your tomatoes, pepper and onion and season them with garlic powder, pepper, salt, basil and parsley. You should also have your noodles on to boil at this time. I like to use Penne with this dish, but use whatever your heart desires. When your tomato gets soft, and starts to look more like a sauce add a squirt of Zesty Italian dressing (1tbs.) and one dollop of spaghetti or tomato sauce (1tbs.) I like using spaghetti sauce because it gives the sauce a bit of a more robust flavor. Then I add some frozen veggies, we really like spinach and broccoli with this dish, and about 1/4 cup of wine. I use a boxed pino that someone left here for a party a while back. The last things I add are about 2 cloves of fresh garlic (or 1 big one) and some Parmesan cheese. Then just cook until all the frozen veggies are cooked all the way through. **Sometimes we buy some pre-cleaned, pre-cooked shrimp and add it at this point. It’s delicious!** VOILA! Quick, easy and delicious dinner!
- 1/2 box of Penne noodles
- Olive Oil
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 pepper (red, orange or yellow will do)
- 1-2 tbs. of chopped onion
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. parsley
- 1/4 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbs. Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 tbs. spaghetti/tomato sauce
- Frozen veggies of your liking
- 1/4 cup wine
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic
- sprinkling of Parmesan cheese
Let’s Get Cookin’!
- Coat the bottom of the frying pan with olive oil and put your noodles on to boil.
- Roughly chop your vegetables and add them to the oil with your spices.
- Add the dressing and sauce and cook until veggies are tender.
- Add frozen veggies and wine and cook until veggies are cooked through. (If you want to add shrimp, do so now.)
- Add fresh garlic and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain your pasta and top with sauce, serve hot!
If you try this out let me know! It really is delicious! And I promise I’ve got that painted chair coming, it’s been slow going trying to get it done after work, but hopefully I’ll be done and ready to share by Friday!