What an overwhelming weekend/week it has been and it’s only Wednesday! I put my nose to the grindstone all day Saturday but didn’t finish any of the projects I was working on. There’s plenty of stuff half-way done though, which are cluttering my house and kitchen table. Added to that clutter are the piles of picture frames, lamps and curtain rods that I got at IKEA on Sunday and haven’t had a chance to hang yet. And I’m super bummed that I struck out in the curtain department at IKEA. Curtains are really essential to “finishing off” the living room and it just looks naked without them. But at least we got the new sectional in!Now that the sectional is in we have an even longer to-do list though because there’s nothing like a new piece of furniture to show you what else your room is missing. And silly me I thought I was almost done. Now I need:
- Curtains for the windows so they aren’t naked anymore. I’d prefer something with a red pattern that I can buy, but I’m open to making them if I have to.
- Finish the sofa table we started this weekend. It needs to be about 5 inches shorter (length wise) and to be stained.
- Finish sewing the pillows for the couch. It’s been a work in progress for weeks and I just need to get them done.
- Hang art over the couch to fill in the space and make things more homey.
- Find a new, longer, tv stand. Now that we moved some things around the living room is seriously lacking storage for DVDs and game system accessories, so I’d like a bigger tv stand. If you’re local, I’m looking for something 72″ wide and no more than 26″ tall.
- Get a chair, or two, a side table and a plant to fill the corner of the room opposite the couch. It will be pretty and functional.
- Paint our mantel white, maybe add some molding to it, and secure it to the brick so it is more sturdy. I’d also really like to add a large mirror to the mantel to give the room the allusion of being deeper, something it lost with the large sectional being added to the room.
I definitely plan on working my butt off tonight to finish the pillows and get some art on the walls, then I can show you all a little sneak peak. Trust me, you don’t want to see this hot mess right now. It’s more of a mess than Justin Bieber.